cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

Inactive chart deletion in Ortho Trac

We have been using Ortho Trac since 2003 and over 70% of our patients are inactive.  My guess is this slows processing and I know it throws off our stats.  We are totally against printing out paper charts, but want access to the information if it is ever needed. 

Has anyone printed their inactive patient charts as a PDF and stored them on a external hard drive?  If so, do you have any tips for quickly getting to the chart you want? 

Do you have any other suggestions on how handle this?  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Inactive chart deletion in Ortho Trac

Good day Shelia ( @shelia ), 

I see this question was intended for the general community, but I did want to respond to at least let you know that the ability to "archive" patients as inactive, yet not delete them entirely from the system, is a feature which has been requested by many offices in the past.  Development is always looking for new features to be added in future versions and this one is still very much at the forefront.  In the meantime, most offices who do not want to print out physical copies of patients' information when deleting those patients from OT will do exactly as you mentioned: print to a PDF printer instead and then save the files somewhere that can be accessed easily.  

I will leave this open so the rest of the community can respond. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos