cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audreyf
Canine III

Is there a report available for last payment?

In CS Orthotrac, is there a report that can be run that only shows accounts that have not had a payment within the last quarter, with both responsible party payments and insurance payments on it?  I would like to see when the last payments were made, regardless of account status.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Re: Is there a report available for last payment?

Hi audreyf‌,

There isn't a canned report for this, but you can very easily create one.  I'll put the steps below:

First go to your Contact Expert in the tool bar:

Choose the two search fields I've selected below.  These are the combined (patient and insurance) last payment amount and last payment date.  Set the amount = 0.00 and the date range to the last quarter (9/1/2016 thru 12/12/2016) and click search on the right side bar of the report and your report will begin running.  

When it's done running, you'll see this dialog screen.  Here you can pick up to 8 additional fields of information.  I would pick Pt ID Number, Pt Comb LPay Date, Pt Ins Due, and Pt Resp Due.  This will show you the Patient Name, ID Number, Last date of payment, Insurance Due, and Pt Resp Bal.  Click the Report button when done and you're all set.  You can print the report or export it.  

Your output will look like this:

Let me know if you need more help!

Jeff

audreyf
Canine III

Jeff,

I followed these steps, but it keeps coming up with 0 patients found.  Should i try it without the combined and do 2 separate reports?

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

audreyf‌ you can, but that would mean that every patient has had either an insurance or patient payment in the current quarter.  If that's true, great!  You're doing a super job on collecting.  Another thing to try is to extend the date range a bit and see what you get.  Try doing just the patients and see what comes up, I'm curious to hear what you find.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
audreyf
Canine III

Jeff,

Still 0 for 01/01/2016 to 12/12/2016.  I don't think that is true, but I'm not sure what i would have done wrong to come up with incorrect data pull...

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hmm, that is strange.  Do you have a few minutes to go thru it with me today?

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

audreyf‌ I'm rethinking this.  The logic I gave you would only show zero dollar payments entered in the date range - which is not what we want.  We want patients with no payment entered in the date range.  I will work on this and get back to you.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

audreyf‌ OK got it!  We just need a not equal on the dates.  See below, we're asking it to show patients with no combined payments in the date range that have a patient or insurance balance.  

0 Kudos
audreyf
Canine III

Jeff,

I am trying it now.  Will keep you posted.  If it works I will be so thrilled!!!

0 Kudos