Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Youngortho
Canine II

LGBTQ Friendly Patient Information

Jump to solution

Hi! 

I would like to request some additions to the patient information tab. Could you please add?

Current gender identity________   

Options: male, female, trans female, trans male, gender fluid, intersex, non binary, another identity, decline to answer 

Sex assigned at birth________

Options: male, female, non-bianary, not designated on birth certificate, decline to answer 

Pronouns to be used________________

Options: he/him/his, she/her/hers, they/them/theirs, ze,hir, another pronoun________

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jenpav

Re: LGBTQ Friendly Patient Information

Jump to solution

Hello Wendy, ( @Youngortho )

As of 15.1.4.112, the program does allow for an unspecified gender, as a gender selection. That goes with the ADA 2019 insurance claim form requirements for unspecified gender. I can't offer a specific ETA, but future versions of Orthotrac will also include additional options such as the ones that you have mentioned and will also include the corresponding gender neutral pronouns in AWPS letters.

In future, may I suggest that you post your enhancement requests in the new Product Ideas section of our site?

The Product Ideas section can be reached by clicking the Practice Management pull-down on the toolbar at the top, then selecting "Product Ideas" at the bottom. A direct link is also available here:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/PRODUCT-IDEAS/idb-p/practicemanagementideas

The Product Ideas section is closely monitored by management and popular ideas can also be voted on by the community.

Thank you, 

Jennifer Pavlovich
Orthotrac Escalations

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jenpav

Re: LGBTQ Friendly Patient Information

Jump to solution

Hello Wendy, ( @Youngortho )

As of 15.1.4.112, the program does allow for an unspecified gender, as a gender selection. That goes with the ADA 2019 insurance claim form requirements for unspecified gender. I can't offer a specific ETA, but future versions of Orthotrac will also include additional options such as the ones that you have mentioned and will also include the corresponding gender neutral pronouns in AWPS letters.

In future, may I suggest that you post your enhancement requests in the new Product Ideas section of our site?

The Product Ideas section can be reached by clicking the Practice Management pull-down on the toolbar at the top, then selecting "Product Ideas" at the bottom. A direct link is also available here:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/PRODUCT-IDEAS/idb-p/practicemanagementideas

The Product Ideas section is closely monitored by management and popular ideas can also be voted on by the community.

Thank you, 

Jennifer Pavlovich
Orthotrac Escalations

View solution in original post