cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rossortho
Canine II

Light bar options

Jump to solution

The new versions of orthotrac have a separate detached patient flow light bar. It seems that it is always in the way of something.  I prefer it to be as it was and part of the treatment card.  Is there anyway to customize this just for me (probably not).  Anyway, if enough clients feel the same way, maybe an update is in order to offer the old version back (but keep the other updates/changes)

3 Replies

Re: Light bar options

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Ross ( @rossortho ),

The detached light bar was an option in previous versions of OT but was made a requirement in version 14 and higher to correct issues in patient flow with patients being lost, appearing in wrong chairs, duplicated patients in chairs, etc. 

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the detached bar.  Reattaching it to the patient flow window is not an option at this time for the programming reasons I mentioned above.  However, I do want to note that the Light Bar can be quickly set so that it is not always on top (the default setting).  For more information, please see the Knowledge Base article OrthoTrac: Version 14 - How to Minimize, Reactivate or Dock the Standalone Light Bar  .  A quick summary:

1.  Right click the "Light Bar 2.0" icon in the system tray (it looks like the Patient Flow icon in the OT Toolbar). 

This icon is generally visible any time the Light Bar is running. If it is not visible, click the "Expand" option in the system tray to display all running applications.  The "Expand" icon will look different depending on your Windows operating system but usually looks like an upwards-pointing arrow or triangle.  In the below screenshot it is highlighted in red.  

Once you have right clicked the icon, the following menu appears:

2.  Uncheck the option "Always On Top".  

The Light Bar will then allow other windows to open on top of it.  

Please note that this is a workstation-specific setting so it will need to be done on each individual PC where you want this change to occur. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
batemanortho
Canine II

Jump to solution

YES!!!!!

I second and third that!  Please restore OT users' ability to combine patient flow and light bar.  Separating them creates extra windows to navigate and impedes workflow.

The "docking" option doesn't work on the majority of our workstations, despite the fact they are equipped with newer monitors.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Bateman ( @batemanortho ),

I am sorry but reattaching the Light Bar to the Patient Flow window is not possible at this time for the programming reasons I mentioned above. The issues of unexpected movement and lost patients in patient flow reported previously by multiple offices have been entirely resolved by this change and so the team is reluctant to entertain the idea of switching back again. You are, of course, certainly welcome to submit your request in the Product Ideas section of our site. 

The Product Ideas section can be reached by clicking the Practice Management pull-down on the toolbar at the top, then selecting "Product Ideas" at the bottom. A direct link is also available here:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/PRODUCT-IDEAS/idb-p/practicemanagementideas

The Product Ideas section is closely monitored by management and popular ideas can also be voted on by the community.

With that said, I would like to hear more about your issues with the Light Bar's Dock option not working on multiple workstations.  Can you provide more details, please?  What exactly is occurring when you dock the Light Bar? What Windows screen resolution is being used on the workstations where the issue is occurring?

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos