cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morriswoodyman
Premolar I

Lost 'Upper Occlusal' object type in Orthodontic Imaging

Jump to solution

I have lost the option to import an Upper Occlusal photograph into the Orthodontic Imaging section of Orthotrac. It used to be there but now no longer appears in the 'add object' or 'import object' drop down lists.

How do I add 'Upper Occlusal' to my object lists?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prcarter

Re: Lost 'Upper Occlusal' object type in Orthodontic Imaging

Jump to solution

Good day Mark ( @morriswoodyman ),

Adding a new object type in Object Types Maintenance is accomplished as follows:

1.  From Windows Start Menu, browse to All Programs > CS Orthodontic/OMS Imaging > Object Types Editor

2.  In Menu use the drop-down to see if object type is already created in "Existing Image Types"

Image 1.png

3.  If you do not see the appropriate object type listed, (1) click Add Type, (2) type in a UNIQUE name for the new type in the field and select the appropriate type, then (3) click Apply.

Image 2.png

Visit is for Title of new visits
Bitmap is for any image file (jpg, bitmap, tiff, png, etc)
Word is only for Microsoft Word documents
Document is only for PDF files
Other is for any file type that has a 3rd party software associated with that you would like to open outside the imaging program.

4. Add any additional types needed then press Finished

5. Restart Imaging and the new object type should be available to import.

If you have additional questions, well -- your email address shows you are based in the UK.  Please contact the OrthoTrac UK Support team for assistance with your issue, at  http://orthotrac.co.uk/ , as they will be better able to assist you. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

4 Replies
prcarter

Jump to solution

Good day Mark ( @morriswoodyman ),

Adding a new object type in Object Types Maintenance is accomplished as follows:

1.  From Windows Start Menu, browse to All Programs > CS Orthodontic/OMS Imaging > Object Types Editor

2.  In Menu use the drop-down to see if object type is already created in "Existing Image Types"

Image 1.png

3.  If you do not see the appropriate object type listed, (1) click Add Type, (2) type in a UNIQUE name for the new type in the field and select the appropriate type, then (3) click Apply.

Image 2.png

Visit is for Title of new visits
Bitmap is for any image file (jpg, bitmap, tiff, png, etc)
Word is only for Microsoft Word documents
Document is only for PDF files
Other is for any file type that has a 3rd party software associated with that you would like to open outside the imaging program.

4. Add any additional types needed then press Finished

5. Restart Imaging and the new object type should be available to import.

If you have additional questions, well -- your email address shows you are based in the UK.  Please contact the OrthoTrac UK Support team for assistance with your issue, at  http://orthotrac.co.uk/ , as they will be better able to assist you. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

morriswoodyman
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Perfect thanks!

Mark

0 Kudos
DFletcher
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Thank you @prcarter!   Great information!

0 Kudos
Katharine
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hi, and thank you for your question. The following online help topics include additional information on working with object types in the CS Orthodontic Imaging software:

Have a terrific day!

0 Kudos