cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

Multiple Answers in Questionnaire

Jump to solution

Does anyone know how to make Multiple Answer questions in a Questionnaire do individual bullet points in a letter? If I choose multiple answers under one heading, all the answers print one after another with no bullets.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Multiple Answers in Questionnaire

Jump to solution

Good day Angie ( @aporcaro ),

I'm sorry about the delay in response, we've been shorthanded leading up to the holidays. 

This is a limitation of Microsoft Word, I'm afraid.  If you have a letter set up with bullet points set up before each individual <<ResponsetoQuestXXX>> merge field, then Microsoft Word will merge each response to each individual question and place a bullet point before each.  However, if you choose multiple responses to a single question, those responses are all still considered as answers to that single question, and therefore will all be merged in as part of the <<ResponsetoQuestXXX>> merge field for that specific question.  There is not a way to tell Microsoft Word to separate out each of the multiple responses to a single question and place a bullet point in front of each of them. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Multiple Answers in Questionnaire

Jump to solution

Good day Angie ( @aporcaro ),

I'm sorry about the delay in response, we've been shorthanded leading up to the holidays. 

This is a limitation of Microsoft Word, I'm afraid.  If you have a letter set up with bullet points set up before each individual <<ResponsetoQuestXXX>> merge field, then Microsoft Word will merge each response to each individual question and place a bullet point before each.  However, if you choose multiple responses to a single question, those responses are all still considered as answers to that single question, and therefore will all be merged in as part of the <<ResponsetoQuestXXX>> merge field for that specific question.  There is not a way to tell Microsoft Word to separate out each of the multiple responses to a single question and place a bullet point in front of each of them. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post