kris.kinlen
Premolar II

Re: New Treatment Card changes

Jump to solution
sundberg101
Premolar II

Jump to solution

I like the idea of the Insight panel. My question is: Will the data for broken appliances/brackets be populated via procedure codes? Will there be a way for us to manually update that information when it's introduced? 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @Laura Burress,

Yes, these tallies for broken brackets will come from procedure codes. Regarding manually updating that information, that is an interesting idea. r.alfieri and I will look into that ability

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar II

Jump to solution

It would be nice to be able to add it manually when this change in the treatment card is made so that we can update it to reflect previous broken bracket history. This would be helpful for offices that did not previously use a procedure code for tracking broken brackets, archwires, or appliances. Needless to say I'm going to be adding a procedure code immediately and start training my staff to use it every time a patient presents with something broken or loose. 

zachtonlowe
Canine III

Jump to solution

looks nice and modern, is there going to be a way to see treatment notes from multiple appointments at a time, without having to click or scroll through a bunch of appointments?  Only being able to view the current visit and one other visit, such as the last visit, on the same screen would make work flow hard.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

r.alfieri

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

zachtonlowe‌ thanks for your input. we will discuss your feedback during our design iterations.  If you have the time, could you help us understand how or why you feel this way?  We have been getting mixed feed back from our community, some preferring more information about (1 history per view) the "last appointment"  vs. some information about the 'last few appointments' (3 for example).   

zachtonlowe
Canine III

Jump to solution

Yes not a problem, I can explain.  In that layout, it seems like the same amount of information is being displayed but is just spaced out, currently we have all the information about the past appts but condensed down so it doesn't look at pretty but is very functional in viewing the history.

Why I think it ultra critical to be able to view the history of the patients treatment at a glance and not only the last visit, is because orthodontics is a work in progress over multiple appointments and we are always planning what is going to happen next at the same time looking at the history to give us the information to make those decisions.  By being able to view more than just one last appt (i think three is too few as well) we will miss or forget what has been going on in the past.  I can give you many examples of this but here are a few:  1.  A patient that has had a couple emergency appts because a wire has shifted or bracket has come off and we had to use a different method to have it not happen again, if we only see the last note, those emergency visits will not be seen and then we may forget and go back to what didn't work for the patient (the only way around this, would be to waste a great deal of time while charting and make extensive notes every visit so you don't have to look back).  2. Another example, is say we re-position brackets during treatment, if we can just look up at the past notes and see what ones we did, because that is going to change how we are adjusting the wires for root tips etc off of the xray it is easy, if we have to click through a bunch of appointments to see what brackets we changed is not going to be efficient.  3.  Last one for now is retainers, say a patient comes in for a check and we want to see if they have broken another past retainer or when they started wearing the retainer(to judge the wear, lifespan and frequency that the patient needs to wear the retainer currently) but we can only see the last retainer check, then we will again have to be scrolling through all the chart notes.

Anyway I could keep going with examples, I think most people will agree that history is very very important in making treatment decisions and being only able to view one past appointment, when now when we use shorthand we can see 5-10 is going to be a huge shock for the user base, I know it would increase my chair time.  I like the esthetics of the layout but with everything spaced out so much you are loosing all of the information from past appts we could presently see.

Another thought, and this may already be thought of, but the number or characters that fits width wise in the note builder box needs to be the same as the amount of characters that is in the notes section on TX history.  If they are different, as they appear to be on that screen, they the formatting is going to change between the two.  A lot of people do not only freehand in the note box but use certain formatting.  For example, putting certain information on the first line, then different info on the second line etc, if the number of characters is different then for a lot of offices the nice formatting/organization done in the notes would no longer be nice and organized when looking at the treatment history, because what was on the first line in the notes builder is going to roll over to in the TX History.  Maybe the font for the notes in the TX History can be smaller and the box a little wider to compensate for that.  I think that is all the feedback for now, good work.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Thank you zachtonlowe‌  ! this is the in-depth feed back we are looking for!  thanks for taking the time to write this up in detail and explain your perspective.  r.alfieri‌ will review and discuss this on monday as we proceed to into our next round of design iteration.

0 Kudos
zachtonlowe
Canine III

Jump to solution

no problem, glad to help, and excited to see all of the thought and hardwork going into the changes.