cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fortho01
Canine II

Orthotrac Financial Estimator Setup

Jump to solution

There appears to be a glitch in the Financial Estimator setup for a cash discount if the patient pays in full. For example, I input $5,000 for treatment cost in the Financial Estimator. Then I have the patient pay in full by moving the down payment to $5,000. It will automatically give the patient a 5% cash discount ($250), as I have set up as my default and it will show Final Responsibility as $4,750, which is correct. However, if you click "Save", it adds the $250 discount to the treatment cost to make it $5,250. It then subtracts the Cash discount of $250 from the $5,250, so the Final Responsibility is $5,000. Essentially the net effect is no discount. It doesn't do this with the other listed discounts (e.g., family discount, courtesy discount), only for the pay in full ("Cash discount"). Any advice on how to fix this? Thank you.Ex1.jpgEx2.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prcarter

Re: Orthotrac Financial Estimator Setup

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Frial ( @Fortho01 ), 

Thank you for catching this! I have tested and was able to reproduce easily using the steps you mentioned so thank you for providing those clear details.  I will get this defect reported to the Development team and we will have it corrected in a future version of OrthoTrac. Until then, I'm afraid the Estimator tool will continue to show inaccurate amounts when using the cash discount feature (in testing it appears this issue occurs with *all* cash discount percentages and amounts, not just when the slider is moved all the way to paid in full).

Again, thank you for reporting this to us!

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
prcarter

Re: Orthotrac Financial Estimator Setup

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Frial ( @Fortho01 ), 

Thank you for catching this! I have tested and was able to reproduce easily using the steps you mentioned so thank you for providing those clear details.  I will get this defect reported to the Development team and we will have it corrected in a future version of OrthoTrac. Until then, I'm afraid the Estimator tool will continue to show inaccurate amounts when using the cash discount feature (in testing it appears this issue occurs with *all* cash discount percentages and amounts, not just when the slider is moved all the way to paid in full).

Again, thank you for reporting this to us!

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

0 Kudos