cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghorsey
Premolar I

Orthotrac Randomly Assigning Statuses to Responsible Parties!! What is the Problem?!

Jump to solution

We have constantly asked support and nobody know anything.  We have Responsible Parties being assigned statuses like Collections or Tx Refused when they were never patients and don't even have a chart.  Is there are real solution to this or will the Moderators of this Forum just keep being puppets??

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
prcarter

Re: Orthotrac Randomly Assigning Statuses to Responsible Parties!! What is the Problem?!

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Horsey ( @ghorsey ),

I called your office but your staff indicated that you were with patients and unable to break away. However, the lady I spoke with has given me the details I need to research this issue, indicating to me where specifically the issue is occurring and the way that the issue presents, as well as two example patients exhibiting the problem.  I have provided her with my direct contact information and have requested that she provide me any additional specific examples of patients that exhibit the issue.  I will keep your practice posted on the results of my investigation. For your own reference, the ticket number or case number on this issue is 7567131. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
prcarter

Re: Orthotrac Randomly Assigning Statuses to Responsible Parties!! What is the Problem?!

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Horsey,

The statement I made was that the Responsible table and the Family tables do not contain any fields related to Status, and that there is no way in Orthotrac to ENTER a status for a responsible party or a family member.  That statement is still correct.  Regarding your comment about "taking complaints more seriously", I never once said that no problem existed or tried to deny you were seeing an issue, I simply asked you for more information on where exactly the problem information was being displayed -- which your staff has provided me.

Now, a bit of additional info on this issue.  It is linked to a defect which has been under research for a couple of weeks and which we literally just found the cause for and submitted to Development two days ago.  I will be contacting your office to discuss further shortly. 

[[EDIT 10:34 AM 3/5/2021:  I have spoken with your staff and provided extensive information on the nature of the defect and its causes.  We will have the issue corrected in a future version of OrthoTrac as it is a priority 1 issue due to the nature of the display problem.   Please reach out to me directly at phillip.carter@csdental.com   if you have any additional questions;  I am locking this thread at this point.]]

Regards,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
prcarter

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Horsey ( @ghorsey ),

I have reviewed your practice's call history going back several months and can find no references to previous calls about Status codes.  Additionally, I'm a bit confused about where exactly the issue lies -- you said that "responsible parties" are having a Status attached to them but Orthotrac does not actually have a way to assign a Status to a responsible party.  Statuses can only be applied to patients in the system.

If you are referring to the Patient Lookup function in OrthoTrac and have selected to search by Responsible Party, the results will display the responsible parties that you searched for, as well as the Patients that they are associated with.  In those cases, the "Status" field refers to the status of the patient themselves, not the responsible party. 

If this is not what you are referring to, please provide me with specific examples and I will be happy to look into things for you.  You can reach me directly at phillip.carter@csdental.com  . 

Regards,

0 Kudos
ghorsey
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Hello,

Like I stated Responsible Parties for Patients in our system are coming up with Statuses like Collections or Dismissed, or Tx Completed.  We have contacted support via phone and email about this issue and like most inquires have never heard back.

So now that you know about this issue what can be done?  No more ignoring it I hope.  Please contact our office ASAP to resolve.  

Regards

0 Kudos
prcarter

Jump to solution

Dr. Horsey ( @ghorsey ),

Again, sir, there is not a way to even assign a status to a Responsible Party, only to a Patient.  The Responsible Party table contains no Status information and the Responsible Party section of OrthoTrac contains no way to enter a Status or display a status. 

I will contact you by phone to discuss. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
ghorsey
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Phil,

Like said it is happening and I don't know how or why it happen but IT IS HAPPENING and needs to be resolved.  I only pay tons of money for this software to work it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to make sure it is working and not having constant issues.

0 Kudos
prcarter

Jump to solution

Dr. Horsey ( @ghorsey ),

I am calling your practice right now to obtain more information. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
prcarter

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Horsey ( @ghorsey ),

I called your office but your staff indicated that you were with patients and unable to break away. However, the lady I spoke with has given me the details I need to research this issue, indicating to me where specifically the issue is occurring and the way that the issue presents, as well as two example patients exhibiting the problem.  I have provided her with my direct contact information and have requested that she provide me any additional specific examples of patients that exhibit the issue.  I will keep your practice posted on the results of my investigation. For your own reference, the ticket number or case number on this issue is 7567131. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
ghorsey
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Now that you have been educated about the problem I hope you will not claim that "there is no way for Orthotrac to display a Status" for a Responsible Party like you did as your initial response to this customer concern.  In the future I hope you take complaints more seriously and work on resolving issues instead of denying they exist as seems to be the company policy.  I will expect a swift resolution to this issue.

0 Kudos
prcarter

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Horsey,

The statement I made was that the Responsible table and the Family tables do not contain any fields related to Status, and that there is no way in Orthotrac to ENTER a status for a responsible party or a family member.  That statement is still correct.  Regarding your comment about "taking complaints more seriously", I never once said that no problem existed or tried to deny you were seeing an issue, I simply asked you for more information on where exactly the problem information was being displayed -- which your staff has provided me.

Now, a bit of additional info on this issue.  It is linked to a defect which has been under research for a couple of weeks and which we literally just found the cause for and submitted to Development two days ago.  I will be contacting your office to discuss further shortly. 

[[EDIT 10:34 AM 3/5/2021:  I have spoken with your staff and provided extensive information on the nature of the defect and its causes.  We will have the issue corrected in a future version of OrthoTrac as it is a priority 1 issue due to the nature of the display problem.   Please reach out to me directly at phillip.carter@csdental.com   if you have any additional questions;  I am locking this thread at this point.]]

Regards,

0 Kudos