No copy and paste of previous treatment notes capability in Charting. This really slows me down! A deal breaker, will have to revert to Original Tx Card. Also, no display of colored text in Tx notes excep in Show All mode. We use colored text for emphasis, now can't see this! Also, the display of Patient Flow is too small to put on a large screen and view at a distance, even worse than in Version 12.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Good day Dr. Davis ( @drdavis ),
Thank you for your feedback! I wanted to respond to your concerns:
1. Copy and paste of previous treatment notes: Copy and paste functionality is already available in many areas of Charting but to date you are the only office I know of who has requested the ability to copy previous treatment notes and then paste them into a new treatment entry. Can you explain a bit about why you would have the need for this? It is generally expected that each entry will have unique treatment information. If you often find yourself using identical notes for patients on multiple visits, then you may want to consider setting up some Predefined comments. Predefined comments can be edited by going to Maintenance/Setup, Charting Maintenance, "Edit" button in the "Predefined Comments" section. Then, when in Charting, you can click the "Predefined" button and be presented with a list of those prewritten comments and they can be instantly inserted into your visit notes.
2. Colored text in the default view of Charting: This functionality was requested by many offices as of version 14.0 and so we actually redesigned Charting to allow it as of version 14.2, the version you are using. However, that functionality is off by default so you will need to enable it. Please go to Functions, Maintenance/Setup, Charting Maintenance, and enable the checkbox for "Show full TX History" at the bottom of the middle section. You will then see colored text in the main Charting view and not only when you click on the "View All" link.
3. Patient Flow display size: The Patient Flow display window itself has not changed in size from version 12 to version 14. The Light Bar which shows patients in chairs and which was previously attached to the right side *of* the Patient Flow window is now detached and can be resized to whatever size you choose, so with the new layout you can actually set the light bar to be larger than the attached light bar was when it was previously attached to the Patient Flow window itself. We have had some feedback over the years to request that the Patient Flow window be made larger or resizable, but to date it has not been considered a priority.
Please feel free to post an enhancement request regarding resizing of the Patient Flow window or adding the ability to copy text from previous treatment notes to paste into a new visit entry! The Product Ideas section of the Exchange site can be reached by clicking the Practice Management pull-down on the toolbar at the top, then selecting "Product Ideas" at the bottom. A direct link is also available here:
The Product Ideas section is closely monitored by management and popular ideas can also be voted on by the community. The more traction an idea receives, the more likely it is to make it into a new version of OrthoTrac.
Again, thank you for your feedback!
Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations
1. Copy and paste of previous treatment notes is an extremely valuable time saving note making technique that is much faster that the use of predefined note alone. The previous Tx notes often offer a perfect starting point for today's Tx notes. We simply copy the previous notes, paste them into today's visit section and do some minor editing so they apply to what we did today. We also extensively use predefined notes, but without the ability to copy and paste previous Tx notes we basically have to start from scratch every time we make today's Tx notes. This is a tremendous waste of of doctor and assistant time!
2. Thanks for the tip to view colored text. I will enable "Show full TX History." However, without copy and paste functionality of previous treatment notes I am forced to revert Charting to "Use Original Tx Card" in Charting Maintenance so I don't waste time typing Tx notes from scratch with only the limited help of predefined comments.
3. Patient Flow display size was actually better in Version 12 because at least we could change the monitor resolution and stretch the display across the entire screen, making it more visible from a distance. I am amazed that individual offices and Orthotrac software development have not realized the tremendous value a large display screen showing an up-sized and easy to read Patient Flow, placed in a central staff only area of the office such as the sterilization/lab room. showing an up-sized and easy to read Patient Flow. This tells the doctor and staff where and when they need to be at any one point in time. We also put Patient Flow on every computer in the office, but the large screen display in the lab is the one we look at the most!
I will post an enhancement request regarding resizing of the Patient Flow window and adding the ability to copy text from previous treatment notes to paste into a new visit entry in the Product Ideas section of the Exchange site.