Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cleizer
Canine III

Patient checkout and appointment reminders

Jump to solution

During patient checkout there is an option to print a physical reminder slip. In this day and age, nobody actually wants to receive a piece of paper to hold onto and ultimately lose. Is there any timeline as to when these reminders will be able to be sent via email to the email on file for that patient or possibly via text to the cell phone on file on the account?

Tags (1)
6 Replies

Re: Patient checkout and appointment reminders

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Leizer,

If you are talking about reminder emails / phone calls / text messages that are sent to the patient / responsible party a day or two before the patient's appointment, that function is already filled by several of our third-party partners such as Sesame Communications and Televox (now West Interactive).  We have not introduced it directly into Orthotrac for that reason.

If you are talking about a feature where a reminder email is sent to the patient / responsible party as soon as the appointment is made, that suggestion has not been made previously as far as I know.

Please clarify what you had in mind.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
cleizer
Canine III

Jump to solution

Phil,

I am aware of the third party reminder applications, but I was referencing the actual reminder/appointment ticket that is printed in office at the time of patient checkout. When the appointment is scheduled a popup appears to print a ticket with the patient reminder. Is it possible for this reminder to be sent via email or text (or as most patients enter it directly into the calendar on their phone, can it be sent as an appointment/meeting request that they click on that gets updated into their phone's calendar app).

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification, Dr.  Now that you've confirmed that you're talking about a reminder to be sent at the same time the appointment is actually made, I'll be glad to pass on the suggestion to our Development team for inclusion in a future release.

callton
Premolar II

Jump to solution

Please pass this suggestion on to the SoftDent Development team as well! 

Cary Leizer - I print preview the appointment card, push the "Print Screen" button on my keyboard and then paste it into an e-mail to the patient.  I use SoftDent but maybe this would be a temporary workaround for you.

0 Kudos
cleizer
Canine III

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
buhmanrda
Canine II

Jump to solution

Hi Cary- I realize this feed is old but I thought I would add some information.  Currently, if you use Sesame, you can add a setting that automatically emails the patient the same day that the appointment is made and also sends an email 1-2 days prior to the future appointment.  For example, John Smith schedules today in the office for an appointment in 6 weeks.  John will receive an email this evening reminding him of the appointment that he scheduled today for 6 weeks out and in 5 weeks, 5 days will receive a reminder email as well.

Hopefully that makes senseSmiley Happy

0 Kudos