cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braceyourself07
Canine III

Questions about upcoming Microsoft Exchange changes

Jump to solution

I received this communication from Microsoft this morning (pasted below).  We use Office 365 and have our Orthotrac Cloud's Outlook set up to connect to our accounts via HTTP under Exchange Proxy Settings.  This requires us to select Basic Authentication under the proxy authentication settings. 

Questions: 

1) Does this mean that Orthotrac Cloud's Outlook will no longer be compatible with Office 365 for email?

2) If that is true, what is the best work-around for sending emails from Orthotrac?

3) I know this question has been asked before, but any ideas when will Orthotrac Cloud be updated to a more current environment (Windows server and Microsoft Office)?

Thanks,

Mike

We're making some changes to improve the security of your tenant. We announced in 2019 we would be retiring Basic Authentication for legacy protocols, and in early 2021 we announced we would begin to retire Basic Authentication for protocols not being used in tenants, but not disable Basic Authentication for any in-use protocols until further notice.

Today, we are announcing that we are restarting the program to end the use of Basic Auth in Exchange Online. Beginning October 1, 2022, we will begin to disable Basic Auth in all tenants, regardless of usage.

We previously communicated this change via several Message Center posts: MC191153 (Sept. ‘19), MC204828 (Feb. ‘20), MC208814 (April ‘20) and MC237741 (Feb. ‘21) and you can always read the latest information about our plans to turn off Basic Authentication here.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ethanw
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Questions about upcoming Microsoft Exchange changes

Jump to solution

Hello Mike,

I apologize on the delay in this response as we reviewed the request in full.

To answer your first two questions, Outlook Cloud 2010 would no longer be compatible with Office 365 email accounts after that change is implemented. This is due to 2010 not supporting the new Modern Authentication and there is no way around that.

However, there are options we have that will address this along with your third question. I will be reaching out to you via email so we can discuss what course of action would be best for you and the practice.

-Ethan W.

Cloud Technical Service Engineer

Ethan W. Support Analyst II - Cloud\Sensei

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ethanw
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Questions about upcoming Microsoft Exchange changes

Jump to solution

Hello Mike,

I apologize on the delay in this response as we reviewed the request in full.

To answer your first two questions, Outlook Cloud 2010 would no longer be compatible with Office 365 email accounts after that change is implemented. This is due to 2010 not supporting the new Modern Authentication and there is no way around that.

However, there are options we have that will address this along with your third question. I will be reaching out to you via email so we can discuss what course of action would be best for you and the practice.

-Ethan W.

Cloud Technical Service Engineer

Ethan W. Support Analyst II - Cloud\Sensei

View solution in original post