cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
musichbusch
Canine III

Referring DDS as Practice Name

Has there been an update to allow for a "Practice" name instead of a specific doctor? I searched and found a discussion from 2018 that said this was a frequent question asked and we do not see anything in Orthotrac that allows for this. 

For example: Smile Dental Company vs. Dr. Smile  

3 Replies
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Referring DDS as Practice Name

@prcarter do you know if there has been an update for this? 

0 Kudos
prcarter

Good day Melissa ( @musichbusch ),

I am not quite sure what you mean by "allow" practice name instead of doctor name; there is nothing to keep you from entering the practice name as the doctor name in Outside Doctor Maintenance, as in the below screenshot:

prcarter_0-1624896986135.png

Many of our practices use this exact method to enter multi-doctor orthodontic offices and add those as the referral source for a patient.

If this is not what you are referring to then please provide more details on the nature of your question and I'll do my best to answer. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
musichbusch
Canine III

Yes that is what we are referring to. But when you click on Name the pop up box wants you to put 1st name, last name. We are wondering why there is not an option of "Practice Name" then you can bypass tying in 1st and Last name.  If we try to type in the practice name in the "Common Name" and just bypass 1st and Last name Orthotrac will not allow it, you must type in a last name. 

I would say more then half of our patients go to a practice and just see what ever dentist is available. I think this is a case for most offices and this option would benefit everyone. 

0 Kudos