cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cleizer
Canine III

Separating Phase I and Phase II payments in ledger

Jump to solution

In some cases when a patient moves into Phase II treatment from an earlier Phase I treatment there can be a balance. There is no way that I know of to separate out the contracts of Phase I and Phase II treatments in the ledger; if there is a balance, the system will include or lump the remaining Phase I balance with the Phase II balance. We have had requests from patients for separate ledgers for flex spending receipts, etc. and we cannot provide them with a separate breakdown. Is there any way this can currently be done or is there a way that this can be modified in the software going forward. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Separating Phase I and Phase II payments in ledger

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Leizer,

Unfortunately you are correct: there is not currently a way to "split out" Phase I balances from Phase II balances.  As you have noted, you can go ahead and create a new contract for the Phase II portion, but the remaining Phase I balance will still be on the ledger and will be included in the newly set up contract/payment plan. 

We hope to see this feature added to a future version of the software.

0 Kudos
buhmanrda
Canine II

Jump to solution

Cary- You could actually add an additional billing party for phase II.  For example, Phase I RP was Jane Doe.  If you need to separate the billing, you could add Jane (middle initial) Doe/Janette Doe as as the additional billing party.  You should still be able to attach any insurance to the second/phII billing party.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good day Kesha (buhmanrda‌),

Thank you for the suggestion!  At the time I avoided suggesting this to Dr. Leizer because we have generally found that creating duplicate responsible parties with the same or very similar names often causes more problems than it solves.  Support receives calls all the time from practices who have multiple responsible parties with the same name that are not in fact the same person, but have accidentally attached the wrong RP to the wrong patient and then posted ledger information to them before realizing the mistake; and then we have to tell them that this cannot be corrected because the RP now has ledger information entered. 

If, however, you're very careful to attach only the right responsible party to the patient, you are correct -- this can be a workable solution, to create a separate RP and post the Phase II contract to them.

We appreciate you chiming in!

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

0 Kudos
Highlighted
audreyf
Canine III

Jump to solution

If the charge for the Phase I treatment is no longer going to be active (as in you are writing it off to begin a new contract) can you adjust your current balance off with a note that it is due to Phase II beginning sooner than expected?  Then create a new contract for Phase II. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good day Audrey (audreyf‌),

Thank you for the suggestion!  Unfortunately Dr. Leizer had asked about "separating out" the two different contracts;  in other words, he wanted the Phase I amounts to still be available and charged/paid on the original Phase I schedule, but a completely new and separate contract to be added and charged/paid on its own schedule for Phase II.  Writing off the amount completely would remove the existing amount from the ledger, which was not what was desired.   At present the only way to handle this is to add the Phase II balance to the existing amount and have it rolled into the new payment plan, as detailed above.

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

0 Kudos