cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

Signature Pads

Does anybody have any recommendations of a signature pad to get? For paperwork ect?  We were given a list from orthotrac, but i would like to know how other offices are doing with them...

Thanks!

16 Replies

Re: Signature Pads

Good day Melissa,

I understand you were mostly asking this of the other Orthotrac clients, but I wanted to note that any signature pad from Topaz Systems  ( http://www.topazsystems.com/ ) should work fine.   The one caveat is that if a practice is using Orthotrac Cloud or if the signature pad will be used in a WTS  (Windows Terminal Services) environment, that the "Remote Usage Models" recommended by Topaz (the model numbers ending in -BSB or -BBSB) should NOT be used.  These models will install additional software and drivers that will interfere with Carestream's virtual channel driver used specifically for Cloud clients.  Instead, use the standard -HSB  models (USB cable connected). 

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

[[Note: This response has been updated as of May 2017 to reflect current information on pad compatibility.]]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine III

We use Topaz Sig Lite Model T-LBK460-HSB-R. Works great! We are server based, not cloud.

Highlighted
Canine II

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

Thanks Phil!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

I am not able to use the signature pad to sign at the end of patient notes, are you able to sign in the charting mode?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Good morning Dr. Macri,

Unfortunately, the signature pad does not work with the Charting module.  It is designed to work with the Word Processing module in conjunction with the <<ElectronicSignature>> and <<ElectronicInitials>> merge fields.  However, if there is enough demand for signatures in Charting, that feature may be added to a future version.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

From a legal standpoint there should be an interest from every orthodontist.  What is written in the chart can become part of discovery in a legal situation.  It makes sure the Dr has reviewed the chart and everything of importance in written.

Highlighted

Hi Dr. Macri,

I will ask swhitt​  (Susan Whitt, our previous product line manager for Orthotrac) to weigh in on this.  Susan, please feel free to add any input you have on the subject.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

Dr. Marci,

The request we have entered for charting is not for a signature but for the doctor to enter his password to approve the notes entered in treatment card.  Would this meet your need?

0 Kudos