cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lolliepap
Canine II

The Roledex

Why did they change the Rolodex?  It is really hard to find what you need I liked where it gave a range of names  I will alway go back and use the old one for doctors under the wrench. It's so much easier especially if you're not sure of the spelling, you can put a few letters in and then visually look. you can't do that in the other one I wish they would change it back

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: The Roledex

Hi Lori (lolliepap‌),

The Roladdress (Rolodex)  function was updated to the new search process when version 12 was released.  I'm sorry you don't feel the search process is helpful, but I feel I should point out that you can still search for a few characters, have the results displayed onscreen, and if you don't find the result you like, simply modify the search and click the Search link again.   Because the Roladdress searches the entire Orthotrac database, it displays only matches that meet the exact criteria you searched for, whereas the Outside Doctor listing under Maintenance will take you to the "closest available" listing if it cannot find anything based on the exact text you typed. 

Can you be more specific about your concerns?  I ran a few searches on your office's data and the search results are coming up exactly as I type them.  Feel free to provide more details if you wish.

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

0 Kudos
lolliepap
Canine II

Hi Phil,

Often times your not quite sure the spelling of a name so the exact search is not helpful. For outside doctor I always default to the rolodex under the wrench.

I think our biggest problems are the outside business where you are not quite sure what they are list under so an exact search doesn’t work. We did not have the problem with the old rolodex.

Lori

0 Kudos
jjordandds
Canine II

We, too, have found that the Roladdress is not easy to work with and find that searching for a doctor is so much easier under "outside doctor information" in the wrench than in the Roladdress.  If you don't remember how a public name or business was put in the Roladdress, it is almost impossible to recall it unless you have the exact name right.