cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Tx Plan Tab in OrthoTrac

I am doing a little research - anyone use the treatment plan tab in Orthotrac charting??   

I would like to know if your office uses it for a complete treatment plan or just a time line if at all....

Please comment below.

Thank you !!

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Highlighted
Premolar III

Re: Tx Plan Tab in OrthoTrac

The doctor hates the rigidity of the treatment plan so we do not use it.  I personally would like a tab where I can enter financial notes separate from charting.

Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Thank you so much for the feedback @paularyfa !    I am forwarding it on to our Product Line Manager for a future update!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@uriyahrobinson - here's some feedback regarding the treatment plan tab.  Hopefully we receive more.  

Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@paularyfa thanks for your feedback.    Could you please provide some more color around what you mean by "rigidity"?    I want to ensure I clearly understand your response. 

Also, how are you all using the current 'Notes' tab in OrthoTrac today?    Does the doctor + staff incorporate details/notes in this area?   Or do you all only add certain types of info?    Which staff members add in notes on the Notes tab?

Thanks....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

Unless you've changed it, last time doc used treatment plan he was frustrated when he wanted to deviate from the anticipated treatment plan for whatever reason.  Inserting a change in original plan then required changes throughout.  He couldn't add an insert of the plan.  For example, if we had a pt. w/multiple broken brackets from hockey injury, that plan needs to get tweaked a lot.  He couldn't suspend the original treatment created and insert the new plan to later get back on track after healing.  Only the doctor uses notes to enter his treatment plan.  The issue with that tab is it is too editable so we discourage anyone else using it.  I want a tab for me for financials.

Of note, we are doing all of this in old charting because I was not certain if all the glitches in the new charting have been resolved, i.e. colored notes, seeing full pt history, etc.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

@paularyfa 

Hi...

Follow up question:   Regarding the notes tab, you stated the doctor is the only one who uses it to enter his treatment plan.

What if we designed an option similar to the notes tab your doctor uses today, but add it as a 'toggle' option under Treatment Tab to switch to a free-form notepad?   In other words, providing the same 'notepad' style design to allow your doctor to add his treatment plan details.      This way, you and other staff members can use the main Notes tab while the doctor has his own version, but under the Treatment tab.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I vote for this!  I think this could be helpful to the doctor or the Treatment Coordinator depending on how the practice opts to use it.  

Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Or Vice versa - Some of the Doctors like the treatment plan being on the charting screen so it is all in plain view and convenient - but that leaves no place for staff type notes on the patient.   Either way would be a huge improvement!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar III

I think this would be great.  I do finances. Sometimes I need to leave notes for us but I do not want them co-mingled with treatment notes.