cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

'Unable to launch your application' in Citrix Receiver when attempting to connect to applications

Problem: When launching published applications, an error similar to the following appears: 

unable to launch.pngCitrix Receiver window: Unable to launch your application. Contact your help desk with the following information: Cannot connect to the Citrix XenApp server. The Citrix SSL server you have selected is not accepting connections.

Cause: The IP address for mypractice.carestreamdental.com or mypractice2.carestreamdental.com has changed and the local DNS (Domain Name Service) cache has not been updated. Typically this cache is updated on a system restart, though in some cases it may need to be updated manually.

Solution: Update the local DNS cache using the following instructions.

For Windows PCs:

1. Hold the Windows key on your and press R (Win-R). Type cmd and press Enter.
  2. A black Command Prompt window will appear.
  3. Type in the command ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter. The message, 'Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache' will appear.
  4. Close the window (or type exit and press Enter).

On Macintosh computers:

1. Check About to see what version of Mac OS X you have (Apple menu->About)
  2. Open the Terminal by opening Finder and navigating to Applications, Utilities, then Terminal.
  3. Type the following command and press Enter. 

Mac OS X Yosemite and later:
    sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10 through v10.10.3:
    sudo discoveryutil mdnsflushcache

Mac OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion and Lion:
    sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

Mac OS X Snow Leopard:
    sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

4. Type in your system password if prompted.
  5. Close the terminal window.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
paularyfa
Premolar I

Re: 'Unable to launch your application' in Citrix Receiver when attempting to connect to application

I've gotten this error message regularly on multiple machines.  Is this resolved? Is this part of the lockup problem?? Thx

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: 'Unable to launch your application' in Citrix Receiver when attempting to connect to application

Hi Paul,

This error typically only appears when the DNS cache hasn't been flushed, but it can appear in other situations as well. If you haven't already, please open a support ticket so we can troubleshoot your exact issue. If you have opened a support ticket, please private-message me the ticket number, or your practice's phone number, and I will contact you back as quickly as possible.

Stephen
0 Kudos