We just updated to version 14.1 today and we already see all the same issues from Version 14.0
1. When you go to edit an appointment the procedure code gets removed and the visit number disappears at the top left
2. We had a patient who we charted and saved- it appeared with no visit number and no procedure code. We tried editing, deleting, adding the code and nothing would make it an appointment with a code
3. If a patient calls in and schedules a same day appointment the from desk notes why they are coming in. This creates a visit, before they even come in for an appointment. So we had to either go and edit the notes and make that the appointment or type in a new appointment, but then that will not create an appointment and will not allow a procedure code.
So we are confused to what Version 14.1 has corrected? I called in when we received 14.1 and was told all these "bugs" were fixed in 14.1. We used 14.1 for about 4 hours and I already have to go back to the original treatment card. When will all these issues be fixed?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Good day Melissa ( @musichbusch),
First off, let me apologize for any incorrect information you were given. Can you tell me who you spoke with, and when, that advised that all these issues were corrected in version 14.1?
You mentioned three issues:
1. The "Edit Today's Treatment" option in Charting removing procedure codes for already-saved clinical visits and changing them to comment-only entries.
-- This issue was reported resolved in version 22.214.171.124 of OrthoTrac. I have just tested with my own system which is running that version, and confirmed that the issue is corrected. If you are still having issues with this specifically, please let me know a convenient time to reach out to your office so I can take a look.
2. For a patient with an already-saved visit which was saved as a Note (comment-only entry), you then attempted to use Edit Today's Treatment to *add* a procedure code to that entry and change it to a clinical visit, but were not able to do so.
-- This issue has not been previously reported to us by any clients. I tested on my locally running dataset on version 14.1 and confirmed that the issue does exist, as well as in the soon-to-be-released 126.96.36.199. I am now reporting this to Development to have the issue corrected in a future version of OT.
3. Using Comment Only Charting for a patient that has an appointment scheduled that day forces creation of a visit with oral hygiene rating and procedure code attached.
-- This issue has been previously reported but we still do not have an ETA on a fix for this issue because it has proven to be more difficult to correct than originally anticipated. It is on our radar for a fix in a future version of OrthoTrac.
[[EDIT: For your reference, I've also attached, to this reply, the Public Release Notes documentation for both versions 188.8.131.52/14.1.014 (single document) and for our upcoming version 184.108.40.206. These documents describe the fixes that are implemented in each release.]]
Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations
Thank you Phil for the explanation.
I do not remember who I spoke with. I had called when we received V 14.1.
I went back through all the patient charts from yesterday, when we were using the new charting. It seems that the issue (issue #1) with editing an already saved charting entry resolved itself. Every patient appointment (except for 1) has a procedure code and appointment number assigned to it.
As far as the 2nd issue we had. We did not comment only with it initially. This patient had an appointment, came in for the appointment, the assistant charted his appointment and when she saved it it showed up with no appointment number and no procedure code?
3rd issue- we will wait for a new update that specifically fixes this problem before we go back to the new charting.