cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mistyeverman
Canine III

Re: Widescreen monitors recommended for CS OrthoTrac v14

Please review the photos - you will see we cannot select an assistant, doctor, or TC.  I understand there is a problem with screen resolution on laptops, but was told this shouldn't affect this area of Tx Card, but obviously it does.  Suggestions?Tx Card - cannot select assistant, doctor or TC.Tx Card - cannot select assistant, doctor or TC.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello Ms Everman,

I am sorry that your office is experiencing this issue.  As I had mentioned to you in a previous post, we had not received reports of display resolution settings affecting this center section of the v14 Charting display, so thank you for bringing this to our attention posting examples of your laptop's display. 

Unfortunately, display resolutions for laptops and monitors which do not meet minimum requirements can be subject to many unexpected behaviors.  From your photos it appears that your laptop's resolution value is likely 1366 x 768, which does not meet the vertical height minimum requirement (the 900 figure in the [1400 x 900] minimum resolution value) detailed in the v14 System Requirements documentation attached here, detailed on the main Carestream Dental website and distributed with the OrthoTrac v14 update media.

I apologize that there isn't a work around we can suggest other than updating the practice's hardware to meet the minimum system requirements.  

Regards,

Mara Quagliata/ OrthoTrac TPO

0 Kudos
paularyfa
Premolar I

We have the same issues with two of our laptops even with the resolution at 1920x1080. 

text is truncated, not accessible, or only accessible via scrolling.

We have a larger widescreen laptop that is fine, but the other two aren't working well.  Plus we just bought two new monitors for our desktops (mine and the doctor's) so not itching to buy new laptops when these should be fine.

/rant over.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

General response here for the community (I have already spoken with Paula via phone and resolved her issue).  This is a result of setting the Microsoft Windows display settings to use text that is larger than the standard 100% setting.  Use the Windows display settings to set text size to standard (100%) as opposed to higher settings like 125% or 150% and this issue will be resolved. 

In cases where the resolution is high but the physical screen itself is small, some offices are attempting to "compensate" for this by turning up the text size.  This is not recommended.  If setting the resolution too high (example: 1920x1080) prevents you from viewing text properly because the screen itself is not large enough to display ideally, try setting the resolution lower, which will cause all windows and icons to be larger and more "viewable" while still retaining the standard Windows text size.  The minimum resolution that is required for Charting to display properly is 1440x900.

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos