Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hwhtara
Canine III

orthotrac/lighthouse & recalls

Jump to solution

Anyone with Lighthouse...... or orthotrac. How are you entering your recalls. Do you do it through the charting or in the scheduling tab. We have been putting them in through scheduling and are seeing that lighthouse is not always picking them up. Anyone have any insight on this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jehanbostick
Canine II

Re: orthotrac/lighthouse & recalls

Jump to solution

@prcarter @uriyahrobinson can you assist with this question? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good day Tara ( @hwhtara ),

Unfortunately this is not an issue with OrthoTrac itself, but with Lighthouse. OT Support has *extremely* limited information on Lighthouse (for example, our information is that it interfaces only with our OrthoTrac Cloud clients, whereas your practice is non-Cloud and locally hosted, so our info is obviously out of date) and so I would strongly recommend that you get in touch with their Support team to let them know of the issue so they can correct the problem. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
hwhtara
Canine III

Jump to solution

I am aware that it is more of a Lighthouse issue but I was wondering if anyone has had any information that has helped their practice. We are in contact with Lighthouse, however as with most interfacing problems it seems that the programs always point at one another as who needs to be responsible to solve the issue. 

Are there any articles or info posts regarding the most efficient way to enter recalls

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm afraid we don't have any current knowledgebase articles on entering recalls because it's considered a basic function of OT. Here are the steps, however, which you probably know already:

1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac, click Functions, Patient Chart, Schedule Appointment.
2. Select the patient from the OrthoTrac Software Patient Look-up window.
3. Click OK.
4. Click the Schedule Appt button. The View Schedule window will open. The lower left corner of the window is the Recall section. 

Recall Window.png

5. Select an option for 3 Month, 6 Month, 12 Month, Other or Alpha. The Alpha recall type requires that both the Code text box and the Type text box be filled in. Other is used to enter a specific month and year for the recall.
6. Enter a type in the Type text box.
7. Click the Comment text box and enter a comment. (Optional)
8. Click the Add Recall button.
9. Close the schedule appointment window.

If Lighthouse is running into issues with their integration and they are unable to determine the cause, please have them reach out to OT Escalation Support directly at Escalation.US@csdental.com  and provide information regarding your office so that we know who they are contacting us about and what exactly the issue is.  Reid Brown from Lighthouse should be familiar with this address already. 

Regards,

hwhtara
Canine III

Jump to solution

Yes, that is how we have been entering them in. However we are finding that Recalls,Charting Detail on scheduling page & Next Appointment in charting all seem to be related. Then also considering next appointment countdown, Appointment Type as well as Procedure codes are all effecting the success of our recalls. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm not sure what you mean when you reference appointment type, procedure code, charting detail, Next Appointment settings in Charting.  All of that information is information which is used for scheduling of actual appointments which are placed onto a calendar day.  Recalls, however, are not actual scheduled appointments, but reminders inserted into the patient's chart to indicate that the patient needs to be scheduled for an appointment at a later date. You then run the Recall List report (Reports, Schedule, Recall List) to see what patients are scheduled for recalls in a specific date range, and then contact those patients to schedule an actual appointment, using the information from the "Next Appointment" section of their Charting or from notes entered in the recall itself.

Put another way, recalls do not write to the Scheduling tables in the OrthoTrac database where normal scheduled appointments reside. They write to separate tables for recalls only.  Put another way still, patients who miss a regular scheduled appointment will be marked as a No-Show and a No-Show letter generated when that calendar day passes and you run your No-Show report for that day.  Patients who have the month of a scheduled recall pass without an actual appointment being scheduled will not be marked as no-shows or have letters generated that they missed appointments. 

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
zachtonlowe
Canine III

Jump to solution

One additional thing that we found out with lighthouse besides what Phil said, is that for some reason lighthouse can only pick up on one type of recall to follow and send out reminds for in my office.  In our office, our recall type is "OB", I don't know if that is typical or not, but we were trying to do different recall types, for example someone ready to start or someone that is just an observation, but when we added a second recall type of "OB-OP" for example, lighthouse could not pick it up to send reminds or add it from their back end.  I think it is a limitation in their programing or something.  So if it is only picking up some and not others, maybe you need to check on what recall "types" you can use with lighthouse, that they will pick up on.  Hope that helps / makes sense.

hwhtara
Canine III

Jump to solution

We are discovering this issue. We do have several "types" that we have set up with them and are currently using. However the frustration is also that if someone has an appointment and a recall is entered instead of an appointment (ie a parent wasn't with pt to schedule) then the recall has to be a future date. If we put the current month in, even though it is before they run the que the following month, their system will kick it out. This was NEVER told to us and lighthouse didnt even figure it out, we discovered it ourselves and questioned them after 6 months so now we have to go back and clean them up. We see upwards 175 pt's a day so this is a lot of work to clean up. 

I realize these issues are Lighthouse's fault but I was hoping there would be other offices that have additional insight. Glad to see that we are not the only ones having issues

0 Kudos