cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine III

pci compliance help please

How do you collect recurring payment information from a responsible party while keeping with PCI compliance.  We currently have them give us information on a signed contract thru docusign.  I am being told this is not secure enough for PCI standards.  Any suggestions?  Thanks 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: pci compliance help please

Good day Katie ( @katiejane62 ),

This question seems to be aimed at the general community but I wanted to ask who is telling you that a document submitted through Docusign or other secure online form service is not PCI compliant. We have many offices who use similar services and they are certainly PCI compliant. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine III

This is the reply I get from my IT company who is conducting our PCI compliance audit.  

"I think the problem I see is that when taking the unencrypted data from DocuSign to Carestream is the problem not so much of DocuSign or Carestream itself not being PCI compliant.  That’s why I was wondering is there a plugin or a way to automate the process from DocuSign into Carestream without you having the ability of seeing or manually processing the data from DocuSign to Carestream manually? " 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Good day Katie ( @katiejane62 ),

The quick answer to that is no, not at this time.  Again, we have many clients using DocuSign to submit documents online and then import them into OrthoTrac using the process you describe and at no point is any part of that procedure non-PCI compliant, so I am not sure what your IT company is objecting to. 

You are welcome to post a recommendation / suggestion in the Product Ideas section of the site.  It can be reached by clicking the Practice Management pull-down on the toolbar at the top, then selecting "Product Ideas" at the bottom. A direct link is also available here:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/PRODUCT-IDEAS/idb-p/practicemanagementideas

The Product Ideas section is closely monitored by management and popular ideas can also be voted on by the community.

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine III

Thanks. I will pass along this info! I appreciated this forum.
0 Kudos