cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

required ("red") field when creating a new patient'

Jump to solution

Is there a way to bypass selecting a gender as a required ("red") field when creating a new patient's chart.  We have lost patients b/c we can't create a chart b/c the patient is not defined by either male or female.  
Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: required ("red") field when creating a new patient'

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Tsau ( @pogrwc ), 

I should add to @DFletcher 's comment that we have an existing enhancement request from clients to provide additional options in the Gender field. The relevant thread is here in the Product Ideas section of the Exchange:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/PRODUCT-IDEAS/Option-for-Gender-X-instead-of-exclusively-M...

This functionality is expected in a future version of OrthoTrac although I cannot provide a definite ETA for it at this time. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Good day @CWalsh250 ,

All fields highlighted in red (First Name, Last Name, Location, Doctor, Status and Sex)  are the absolute minimum that is required in order to create the patient record in OrthoTrac.  These fields cannot be un-highlighted in red or set to not be required (although if you have only a single Location and single Doctor those two fields will not appear in red since they will auto-select that location and doctor when a new patient is created). 

Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Good morning @pogrwc ,   

At this time gender is a required field to create a patient record in Orthotrac. 

I have requested an enhancement to correct that.   

Thank you and have a wonderful day!!

Debbie F.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Tsau ( @pogrwc ), 

I should add to @DFletcher 's comment that we have an existing enhancement request from clients to provide additional options in the Gender field. The relevant thread is here in the Product Ideas section of the Exchange:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/PRODUCT-IDEAS/Option-for-Gender-X-instead-of-exclusively-M...

This functionality is expected in a future version of OrthoTrac although I cannot provide a definite ETA for it at this time. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine III

Jump to solution

Are there other fields that we can eliminate on the New Patient chart?

With our online forms, I don't need to ask all the questions highlighted in red to create a patient. Is there an opportunity to customize what needs to be highlighted red?

Thx

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Good day @CWalsh250 ,

All fields highlighted in red (First Name, Last Name, Location, Doctor, Status and Sex)  are the absolute minimum that is required in order to create the patient record in OrthoTrac.  These fields cannot be un-highlighted in red or set to not be required (although if you have only a single Location and single Doctor those two fields will not appear in red since they will auto-select that location and doctor when a new patient is created). 

Regards,

0 Kudos