cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sundberg101
Premolar I

Appointment Tickets for OrthoTrac

We have been using the "Movie Ticket" style of appointment cards for 10+ years because that was the old practice owner picked at the time he switched over to OrthoTrac. This style prints the next appt info and has room on the bottom half to print a school/work excuse but requires a half-sheet sized piece of paper which we purchase through RRDonnelly (each sheet contains pre-printed information on the front/back). It is quite frustrating to know that a large amount of paper that is specially purchased is wasted when patients don't need a school/work excuse. Due to the amount of wasted paper we would never be interested in pursuing the Movie Ticket Label style of card. We even considered recycling the lower half of the ticket for another patient but OrthoTrac prints a short version of the next appt info on the lower half of the ticket even when a patient doesn't need a school/work excuse.

While doing some research today it came to my attention that there are other options in OrthoTrac for appointment cards and I have some questions about them. 

What do the business card appointment tickets look like? 

Has anyone ever done a cost comparison between the business card size appointment tickets vs Movie Ticket style?

If a patient wants a school/work excuse does it print out on a label/business card or does it print out on regular paper?

What are the odds of OrthoTrac creating an updated version of the  "movie ticket" style that uses a card that will fit in the the bypass/photo tray that most printers now have.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Appointment Tickets for OrthoTrac

Good day Laura (sundberg101‌),

I can't speak to your question about a cost comparison, but I can answer your other questions. 

1.  Ticket type: Business card tickets print, as the name implies, about the size of a typical business card.  They are usually printed on labels, using printers such as the Dymo LabelWriter 450  printer.  

2.  School/work excuses:  If using business card style tickets, school/work excuses also print out on business card/label tickets, not on regular paper.

3.  Modifying the "movie ticket" style:   This is unlikely, as there has been very little interest in such a modification.  You are welcome to make a suggestion in the How Should We Improve OrthoTrac thread, as you've done previously for other items. 

I will leave this discussion open in case other offices would like to add any information they might have about cost comparisons. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar I

Thanks for your quick response Phil! Two questions on the business card/label ticket option:

Does it print one ticket/card when a school or work excuse is NOT needed? 

Does it print two separate cards/tickets when a school or work excuse IS needed?

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos

Good day Laura (sundberg101‌),

Appointment tickets, school excuses, and work excuses all take up a full business card ticket/label.  If an appointment ticket is printed without school or work excuse checked, then only the appointment ticket will print.  If the ticket is printed and school or work excuse is checked, then the appointment ticket and school/work excuse will print on separate labels.

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations