cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sundberg101
Premolar I

Enabling new features in Version 14.0.0

So for those of you who have updated version 14 may I ask what you have had to do to take full advantage of the new charting features? We watched the live webinar a couple of months ago and they discussed that there were several items that would require some input on a patient by patient basis in order to have current/valid data displayed correctly in the new charting module. What are they and approximately how long did it take to update the info on each patient? We are trying to decide if we are going to do it as each patient is seen or if we are going to utilize one of our weeks that the office is "closed". 

I remember that one of them was appointment information can be specific to the current phase of treatment instead of from the time they were originally entered into OrthoTrac. But you would have to go in an manually import that information.

Aligner wear time was another - I'm assuming we just need to enter how many days they wear each aligner in order for it to generate and track it.

I can't remember if there are any other areas that we would have to go in and manually enter data on each patient in order to see current information and/or utilize all the new features.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Enabling new features in Version 14.0.0

Good day Laura (sundberg101‌),

I will take this in two parts:

1.  The Aligner Wear section is new with version 14.  There is no information that can be "imported" from version 12 to populate this section.  Once you begin entering new information in this area of Charting, it will be tracked going forward. 

2.  Phase of Treatment information:  Once you move to version 14, all patients who are in active treatment (that is, they have a banding date but no Completion date) will be automatically moved to the "Full Treatment" phase in the new Charting section.   For those patients where you want them to be showing as "Phase I" or "Monitoring", you would need to manually change those patients from Full Treatment to one of the other phases (by entering the start dates for the phase in question).  This takes only a few seconds per patient. 

Hopefully this should answer your questions;  however, I will leave this discussion open in case other offices would like to weigh in with their own comments. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar I

So once we update the active treatment status will it automatically

recalculate the appointments completed/rescheduled/cancelled/no showed

based on the band date?

Laura Burress

Office Manager

0 Kudos

Good day Laura (sundberg101), 

I'm afraid the new Appointment Compliance section is meant as a general overview of the patient's appointment behavior across *all* phases of treatment.  It does not show separate sets of numbers for Phase I, Full Treatment and Monitoring.  The numbers shown in that section will always reflect the patient's entire appointment history regardless of what phases they were in at the time the appointments were made or cancelled.  

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar I

I'm a little confused about Phase of Treatment Status how is that different than Patient Status if you are already using that for designating what phase of treatment a patient is in.

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar I

I just watched the What's new video included with the update and we will be getting it installed tomorrow. I apologize for the number of questions we have but the previous owner and manager of our practice never fully utilized many of OrthoTrac's capabilities and we are trying to slowly incorporate more of the existing and new features it offers. I want to utilize this upgrade as a way to train our staff on how to fully utilize the charting module and make their lives easier in the long run. 

Is there a way to back date archwire/appliance/elastic information that will appear in the lower left corner section on the new version? We have assistants that have not always used the existing dropdown menus consistently so any AW or appliance dates would be incorrect on how many weeks it's in place. Is there a way to show that an appliance was removed to stop the tracking of how long it was in place? Is there a way to show that we have stopped elastic wear so it doesn't continue tracking?

I am looking forward to having the ability to edit collection letters within the patients chart instead of having to remember to access the letter from the main menu!

0 Kudos

Good day Laura (sundberg101‌),

To address these in order:

1.  The new Phase of Treatment section of the patient info screen (and Charting) provides a way for you to have separate review dates, banding dates, etc.  for three different phases of treatment -- Phase I, Full Treatment and Observation.   The Status field still exists and can be used as well, but the three Treatment Phases let you track start and end dates for each of those separate phases. 

2.  Archwire and appliance information (the Mechanics section in the lower left place you mentioned) cannot be backdated and will track from the time you activate a configuration.  Each configuration can be deleted once it is finished.  The following screenshot should help explain that; the Trashcan icon can be used to remove a config.

3.  Elastic wear is still tracked in the Tooth Chart section of Charting; this has not changed.  Elastic configurations can be deleted just as in version 12.x.   Once an elastic configuration is removed, the start and end dates for that config will be recorded.  In the following screenshot, the Quail elastic config was worn from 2/15/18 to 3/22/18.  The Ostrich config was worn starting on 3/22/18  and is still active.  You can click on each one to view the details, just as in v12. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos