cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should we improve OrthoTrac? -- Part 2

Good day OrthoTrac Community!

We have had some wonderful feedback from many of you over the past few years in the original  "How should we improve OrthoTrac?" thread (now archived due to discussion length).  We certainly want to continue hearing your suggestions about how the software should be improved, so I am creating this thread on behalf of Management and Development so that it can be monitored. 

So -- what is it that YOU would like to see changed, added, removed, or improved in OrthoTrac?  Management and Development are listening and would love to hear your feedback!

Feel free to respond in this thread, or if you have a specific suggestion, you may create a new post using the "Idea" feature.  The benefit of doing this is that all Ideas can be voted on by the community.  The more votes an Idea gets, the higher its visibility with Management. 

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

on behalf of uriyahrobinson‌, OrthoTrac PLM, r.alfieri‌, OrthoTrac Development, and jdickens‌, OrthoTrac UI Developer

30 Replies
paularyfa
Canine III

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac? -- Part 2

I think this was addressed on another thread, but now I cannot find it.  I would like to see the balance on the financial function section to be accurate.  It is not.  If there are two RPs, and RP1 is paid in full, but RP2 has a balance, the patient balance displays RP1 rather than the total patient balance.  Patient balance should be total patient balance including all RPs and the insurance. thx.

Good day Paula,

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  The "View by Patient" option already shows total patient balance. 

[[EDIT 4/24/18:  screenshots deleted to save space as they turned out not to be relevant to the issue being seen]]

That said, there is a known defect with the "View By Patient" balance information not displaying properly for some accounts with split payments, but this is very rare.  If you have a patient for whom the balance is not correctly displaying, please contact Support directly so we can look at the issue.  

Regards,

paularyfa
Canine III

It wont' let me post a screen shot of what I'm talking about.  Not here.  When you go to financial functions, there is a display that indicates total balance.  It is not the total balance of the patient and the insurance company, it is only the balance of that RP and insurance.  It should be all RPs and insurances for total balance. Thx

katiejane62
Canine II

Is there an option to archive completed patients like there used to be in Orthoware?  If not is there anything planned to do this?  I know the suggestion is to change the last name to start with a z, are there any other suggestions?

Good day Katie (katiejane62‌),

Orthotrac does already support deletion of patients.  For more information, please see the knowledge article OrthoTrac: How to Delete a Patient in OrthoTrac   .  Please note that this process is irreversible and doing so will mean the patient's information cannot be retrieved.  Make sure you print out the recommended reports before deleting a patient. 

If you mean an "archival" process where the patient can be "deleted" but the patient can later be "un-deleted" and viewed again, we have had that request previously but it has proven impractical to implement. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
suwaneeortho
Canine II

As a growing practice, we tend to change our scheduling template often. It would be ideal to be able to remove a template from a day with scheduled patients without canceling scheduled appointments. 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

uriyahrobinsonr.alfieri

0 Kudos

Good afternoon Dr. Francis (suwaneeortho‌), 

Unfortunately due to the way that OrthoTrac seats appointments, this is not possible.  If a day is removed from the schedule, the appointment grid where the appointments are stored gets entirely deleted.  Those appointments have to go somewhere -- we don't have a way to copy them anywhere to be rescheduled, or hold them in limbo until a new day is added (and even if we did, there would be no way to guarantee that the new schedule template would exactly the original template in number of slots available, size of slots, time increments, appointment blockouts, and so on -- thus making it impossible to "reinsert" the appointments in that fashion). 

The best we can do is to warn the practice that the day they are removing is in the future and may include scheduled appointments, and if the day is removed anyway, we do at least write a list of the appointments, chairs, number of units, etc. to a file (SchDel.txt)  so that the practice can then use this list to re-schedule the appointments manually once the day is re-added. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
mjw
Canine II

Hi Phil,

A feature that really lacks from OrthoTrac is key performance metrics for the practice. Eg: Percentage of patients in treatment who are past their completion date. Average patient treatment time. An easy way to compare month to month statistics such as referrals, starts, debands, etc. I realize that for this second item, there is a report, but then we have to manually copy and paste the data into excel, graph it, etc to compare year to year and month to month performance. There are many more examples of data that would be useful and that are in some shape or form in Orthotrac but are inaccessible to the end user. 

Maks

0 Kudos