cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FormerPLM
Premolar III

How should we improve OrthoTrac?

[[NOTE: This discussion is being locked as of April 2018 as it is now two years old and the thread is now 10 pages in length.   Please be assured that none of your suggestions have been lost!  All of them have been read and received by Management.  A new thread has been created here for continuing discussion:

How should we improve OrthoTrac? -- Part 2 

Please feel free to add any future suggestions there!  You may also post a new topic of your own using the "Idea" feature.  The benefit of doing this is that all Ideas can be voted on by the community.  The more votes a suggestion gets, the higher visibility it is.

Thank you,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations]]

ORIGINAL POST BELOW, created September 2016

======================================================

Good morning OrthoTrac Community,

Here's a loaded question...what should we do to improve OrthoTrac?  Bug fixes and minor enhancements aside, what big things should we do?  Would it be a lab case module?  Electronic forms?  Toothchart changes?  TX Card improvements? Reporting?

I'd love to hear your ideas!

Thanks in advance for your input!

Jeff

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
238 Replies
jsinger97
Canine III

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

A good new feature would be a way that OrthoTrac automatically documents and places in Tracking and in the Patient Chart whether an extraction order was printed and sent by email, snail mail, or given directly to the patient.  Presently it doesn't document what happened with just posting and printing.

jsinger97
Canine III

We would love to see an easier way to print out a label, perhaps a single click from the patient information page, to the RP, patient, and their dentist.

drpayne
Canine II

We are just now converting to electronic charting and I realized that it would be really beneficial when scheduling the patient's next appointment In their chart to have the comment section have unlimited amount of text that would scroll if necessary to save space on the screen.  Right now it only allows for I think around 14 characters to be entered. I addition it would be helpful to not only indicate how many weeks for the next appointment but also the number of units. (I'm not sure why this area doesn't include units for procedure already).  Lastly, and most importantly, it would be great if once the information for the next appointment is posted in the chart that it also be inserted in the body of the text in the chart below the clinical notes entered for the day, maybe in a different color text. This would then make it easy to view the next time you see the patient and know what you were planning to do for that scheduled appointment. This would help avoid double entry, which is what we are doing now so we can see the information in the body of the chart notes as well as providing the information to the front desk for scheduling the next appointment.

Just my thoughts, 

Brian Payne DDS 

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Good morning Dr. Payne,

Thank you for these suggestions!  This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for as I plan for investment in the product.

Regards,

Jeff

Good day Dr. Payne (drpayne‌),

I need to point out that the Next Appointment information in Charting is intended to import directly from Charting into the patient's next scheduled appointment, and as such is subject to the same character limitations that the scheduled appointment itself is subject to.   This is why you cannot enter more than about twenty characters in the "Comment" field -- because the scheduled appointment itself has that same limitation. 

If you choose a specific appointment type in the Next Appointment section, the number of units required for that appointment will populate as well  (although there is insufficient space in Charting for us to display the # of units, they will be used when the appointment is actually scheduled);  and if you attach procedure codes to the appointment that section also will populate.  Then, when you go to schedule an appointment for the patient, the information will be pulled from the Next Appointment section of Charting and used to make that appointment.  Assuming that you schedule it as specified, the appointment type and procedures will be used for that appointment, and so when the patient is checked in that day, the appointment type and procedures will be automatically pulled from the scheduled appointment into Charting for that day.

For more information, please see the knowledge article  How to Use the Next Appointment Feature in Charting.

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

audreyf
Canine III

When placing messages on the schedule it would be great to be able to highlight it in a bright color or have it flashing, so it is more noticeable.  It is easy when you are busy to miss a message on a scheduled day.

audreyf
Canine III

More options for payment types would also be a great thing.  more insurance companies are doing EFT's and credit cards for payments, so it would be great if those were options, in addition to what we have.  I know you can change payment types, but there do not seem to be enough for this kind of payment to be shown without manually re-doing it before it is posted.

drdougortho
Canine III

Not sure how possible that would be, but think that would be great!

0 Kudos
drdougortho
Canine III

Would be very usefull!

0 Kudos