cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sundberg101
Premolar I

Is there a way to merge duplicate employer information?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to merge duplicate employer information? I have noticed that my predecessor's seemed to add employers various ways. For instance city, county and state employees, instead of assigning their employer as  "Washington State", "Pierce County", or "City of Tacoma" they were listed as being employed by whatever department they work for within the state, county, or city (Dept of Health, Housing Authority, Police, Sheriff, etc...) even though there is only one insurance plans for each of these three jurisdictions. So as a result I have almost a hundred employers listed that could easily be narrowed down to three different ones (the city, county, or state). 

This issue has been replicated with responsible parties who are in the military or are retired military with their employer being the "branch of the military they served in  (Army-Retired, Air Force-Retired, US Navy, Coast Guard, US Coast Guard, and so on...) instead of just "US Military" or "US Military-Retired".

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is there a way to merge duplicate employer information?

Jump to solution

prcarter‌ can you help with this? 

0 Kudos

Re: Is there a way to merge duplicate employer information?

Jump to solution

Good day Laura (sundberg101‌),

Unfortunately there is not a way to merge "duplicated" employer information.  Each of the records was created as a separate entry in the database with its own ID.  Because of this, we can't merge all of those separate records into a single one because each one of them is already cross-linked with other carriers, patients, responsible parties, etc.  

What most offices do when they want to clean up their carrier or employer listing is to select the carriers and/or employers from the list that they want to mark as not to be used.  They will then rename the carrier or employer to something like "DO NOT USE" or set its name to begin with the characters "zz" to ensure it appears at the end of the listings.   You can repeat this process on all instances of the employer or carrier except for the few ones which you want to keep.   Any patients attached to the carriers or employers that you have changed will then need to have the correct remaining carrier attached and any balances transferred from the "old" carrier to the new carrier. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations