cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Show Patients still scheduled

Jump to solution

We had a patient 'No show' but the system did not archive them as a 'No show' as they are still on the schedule for that day. I thought the system automatically did this when you printed the 'No show' report. If it does not, what steps do you take to make it to where it will archive?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: No Show Patients still scheduled

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Waters (innovativeorthodontics‌),

This means that the No-Show report was run, but that after doing so, whoever ran it chose not to delete the day and archive patient flow totals.  When you run the no-show report, after printing it the following screen will appear:

Please note that this screen is asking you if you want to remove the day. It is important to select "Yes" on this screen to properly archive the day.  (You may deselect the options for posting of no-show letters and putting the patients on the NSHW Recall List if you do not use those options, but leave the option for archiving patient flow totals checked).   If you select "No" on this screen, the day will not be removed (archived) from the schedule and the patients will not be marked as no-shows.  Past days that have NOT yet been properly removed will show as light gray on the calendar view (as with your schedule day for November 21st).  Past days which HAVE been properly removed with this process will change to a dark gray (as with your schedule days for November 27th). 

To fix this issue, simply run the no-show report again for that day and location and select "Yes" to this prompt. The patients will then be properly marked as no-shows and the day will be archived normally. 

Also, please keep in mind that patients who do get marked as no-shows do not get entirely removed from the schedule day view itself.  Patients who have completed their appointments normally are shown in light gray on the schedule day view. Patients who were no-shows will be marked in dark gray on the schedule day view.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! This is what we usually do! Somehow the step must be getting missed somewhere. So I re-ran that day, and sure enough, it's gone out of the patients chart! I appreciate your help!

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Waters (innovativeorthodontics‌), 

You are quite welcome!  I think if you ensure that all your staff are aware of these steps, that should take care of the issue going forward. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

0 Kudos