cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drlennard
Canine II

Orthotrac doesnt recognize Word, help!!!

I have 2 workstations, both have Microsoft Office 2010 pro installed. One workstation seamlessly integrates orthotrac with Word,  and merges content when we generate letters, the other one DOES NOT! Same program,  IT checked install, cleaned registry,  no corrupt files.  Word works just fine, but Orthotrac fails to find it. I reinstalled Office 4 times , it is 32bit version. I believe orthotrac needs to be reinstalled on this workstation, please help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Orthotrac doesnt recognize Word, help!!!

Good day Dr. Lennard (drlennard‌), 

When you say "OrthoTrac fails to find it", can you be more specific?  Do you get an error message?  If so, when does the error message occur and what exactly does it say?

If Word is properly installed but OrthoTrac does not detect it, OrthoTrac should state that the workstation is not configured for word processing and will ask if you want to configure it.  Doing so will generally auto-detect the version of Word that you have.  If for some reason you need to configure the Word path manually, you can find the Word path in the OMS.INI file.  To open the OMS.INI file, go to Start, Run and type "OMS.INI" and press Enter.  

The [AWPS] section contains information related to word processing on the workstation.  A sample [AWPS] section from an OMS.INI  file is shown below:

=======================================================

[Awps]
WordProc=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\winword.exe
DocPath=U:\OMS\Docs
DataPath=C:\oms
WordVersion=12
Email=True
DocStorage=1

=======================================================

Please note the info shown above is a sample only.  The WordVersion will vary based on the version of MS Word you have installed.  You mentioned MS Office 2010, so the "WordVersion" would be version 12 and the WordProc=  path should be identical to the one shown above.   The DataPath should be C:\OMS  for a workstation in a single-office setup, but should be W:\Temp  for all multi-location setups and offices that use terminal services.  The DocPath will vary depending on whether you are using WTS or not. 

If you can provide some more information we will be glad to assist further. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
drlennard
Canine II

Hello Phil,

Thank you for a quick reply.

You are correct, the message pops up that Orthotrac cannot find word:

If Word is properly installed but OrthoTrac does not detect it, OrthoTrac

should state that the workstation is not configured for word processing and

will ask if you want to configure it. Doing so will generally auto-detect

the version of Word that you have.

So, orthotrac does not auto detect word. I will try to manually configure

it today per your instructions . If I can't for some reason make it work,

would you be able to remote connect and do it with me?

Thank you very much!

Dr. L and Carrie

0 Kudos

Good day Dr. Lennard (drlennard‌),

If you have trouble with that process, feel free to let us know via email at OrthoTracSupport@carestream.com, via phone at 866-722-2567, or via posting here and we will be glad to assist further. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos