cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
musichbusch
Canine II

Patient Flow Options

Are there any plans to give an option to not show the patients full first and last name in the patient flow. Looking for a more HIPAA friendlier way to display the patient flow! I do know the light bar option allows for this, but would be nice if the we can see this in the patient flow also.

4 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Patient Flow Options

Good day Melissa (musichbusch‌),

As far as I know there are no current plans to implement such a setting.  Tagging the Orthotrac PLM uriyahrobinson‌ as well as Development team members jdickens  and r.alfieri  so they are aware. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi Melissa (musichbusch),

Could you help me better  understand how this issue impacts your practice specifically?   I'm looking to understand patient flow specifically in your practice and how patient's name is possibly displayed today that makes OT patient flow less HIPPA friendlier.   Do you all have publicly displayed patient check-in monitors?    Is there a patient flow monitor you all use inside the practice that is visible to others.

I'm looking for more clarity.@

Thanks,

UR

salanger
Canine II

We would find this beneficial as well. There are clinic computers on areas visible to patients that we would like to have the flow open however we do not due to HIPAA

0 Kudos
musichbusch
Canine II

Hello- 
So we do not have a sign in computer for our patients, we sign them in. We have a main workstation that we designate as our "sign in" and where our assistants would go to sign a patient into a chair. We also have each workstation in the clinic set up with the patient flow and when they go to the chair they open the chart from the patient flow. So right now the patient flow shows first and last name, we are being advised to always lock these workstations if we are not in front of them because of HIPAA. If the patient flow is set up to display patients first name and just last inital we would not have to lock the work stations. 
Thanks,
Melissa 
0 Kudos