cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
penny
Canine II

Patient flow

Jump to solution

In my patient flow the patient shows being check in 1 hour before there scheduled appointment.  Does anyone know if this is a setting that needs to be adjusted or a orthotrac support issue.  Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Patient flow

Jump to solution

Good day Penny (penny‌),

I'm sorry that this went overlooked until now. I think that's because you posted this as a Discussion rather than a Question. The Exchange team is notified if questions go unanswered for a set period of time, but discussions are meant for a back-and-forth between all participants here and we don't get notified if there's no activity after a certain amount of time.  If you have a time-sensitive query you may want to consider posting it as a Question in future.

In any case, I'm not quite sure of the issue you're having, based on your description.  Do you mean that your patients have been checked in at the correct time, but are showing in patient flow as having been checked in an hour before they actually were?  Or do you mean that 1 hour before the time of the patient's appointment arrives, the patient is being "automatically" checked in without any intervention from the staff?  Or do you mean that 1 hour before the patient's appointment time arrives, the patient is being marked as a No Show?

If the patient was checked in properly at the time of their appointment, but they show in patient flow as having arrived an hour before that or they show as a No Show, this indicates that the time and/or time zone on at least one of the PCs in the office is incorrect, most likely on the check-in workstation.  Orthotrac Cloud takes its times used for Patient Flow, Time Clock, Charting, etc.  from the local time and time zone on the workstations.  Please check the time (actual clock time, i.e., 9:15 AM) as well as the time zone  (i.e., Eastern rather than Pacific), as well as ensuring that Daylight Saving is enabled when necessary (as it should be now).  The clock time, time zone and Daylight Saving setting must be identical on all workstations in the office.  Being off by a few minutes here and there is fine;  being off by an hour or more is not.

If the patient is being "automatically" checked in without any intervention from staff, we have not seen that issue occur before.  Please contact Support directly at 866-722-2567 or via email at  OrthotracSupport@carestream.com  .

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

0 Kudos
penny
Canine II

Re: Patient flow

Jump to solution

Thank you Phil for your response we actually had to call support to correct

this issue but appreciate your followup

0 Kudos