cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilyk
Canine II

Patients seen by specific staff during a time period

Jump to solution

I need to know how many patients a staff member saw during a month. How can I find this out? When I spoke to someone at Orthotrac, she said it isn't possible, which seems crazy to me. I know we can get a list of procedures a patient performed during a month so it only makes since that we can also get a count of how many patients she has seen as well.

If this is not available can you please see if it can be added during the next update?

Thanks

Emily 

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: Patients seen by specific staff during a time period

Jump to solution

Good day Emily (emilyk‌),

OrthoTrac does not have any reports for who "saw" a specific patient, because that could mean many different things to many different offices.  The staff member who checked them in? The staff member who moved them to the Operatory in patient flow?  The staff member who checked them out? The staff member who posted the procedure codes?  The staff member selected in the Charting visit? An office could use any of these, or none of them, to define who "saw" a patient. 

OrthoTrac does have a report for procedures posted by assistant (Reports, Miscellaneous, Procedures, By Assistant) but this only records the procedure counts and does not record the patients they were posted for.  Unfortunately that is the closest the software can currently get to what you are asking.

As for adding such a report for a future version of OrthoTrac, that would require us to get consensus from the community on what constitutes an assistant's "seeing" the patient. Your input is welcomed. How does your practice define an assistant's seeing the patient?

[[EDIT:  I should also note that some basic information is available in the Patient Flow report, which is available from Reports, Patient Flow. You can select a date range and can also select to sort the results by Assistant.  This report uses the assistant that was selected in Charting when the patient was moved to the Operatory.]]

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

emilyk
Canine II

Jump to solution

The assistant performing the procedures for that appointment. The one

doing the work. The assistant who is documenting the procedures

performed in charting.

0 Kudos
ranjbar
Canine II

Jump to solution

Hi Emily, 

Our office views the Patient Flow Report to give us information such as what you are wanting to see.  The report allows you to select periods of time when preparing the report (Today, Yesterday, This month, Last Month, etc) and you can have the report subtotal after each assistant.  It gives you a list of patients by name... It does not calculate the # of patients per assistant in the given period of time selected however you could export contents to an Excel Spreadsheet and design the spreadsheet to total that for you.  I haven't actually had to do this but that is what I would try 1st.  The problem with Patient Flow in our office is that sometimes the assistant seeing the actual patient is not the assistant that is signed into orthotrac at the time when the patient is moved to the Operatory which will throw off your statistics.  (Our assistants are not good about signing out of orthotrac when they leave a computer unfortunately) 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Kelly (ranjbar‌),

Thanks for chiming in!  I did suggest the Patient Flow report as well so hopefully your confirmation will help with my own suggestion. 

I do want to correct one thing, though -- the Patient Flow report does total the number of patients per assistant, if you select the option "Subtotal After Each Assistant" when running the report. 

Tagging emilyk‌  as well. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

emilyk
Canine II

Jump to solution

This is helpful but I have a question. If the assistant puts the patient

in the operatory on a station that she is not signed into but changes

the assistant to herself once the charting is brought up, will this

report be accurate since she changes the assistant to herself after

seating the patient?

0 Kudos
ranjbar
Canine II

Jump to solution

I see that now... Thanks!

0 Kudos
ranjbar
Canine II

Jump to solution

Phil Carter can correct me if I'm wrong but..... 

Emily, 

I believe that if the assistant puts the patient in operatory on a station that she is NOT signed into but then changes the assistant to herself once the charting is open, Patient Flow WILL NOT show this patient as seen by her.  I believe it will show the patient as seen by the assistant that is signed into the station at the time that the patient is put into operatory. 

That is our problem with the patient flow.... Since our girls do that exact thing.... They do not sign out of the workstation and sign themselves in before putting their patient into operatory.  They change the assistant to themselves once the chart is open.   

0 Kudos
emilyk
Canine II

Jump to solution

We do the same thing. So, if that's the case this report won't be

accurate.

0 Kudos