cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Treatment Card Enhancement

Hello OrthoTrac Community,

I would love to get your feedback on a proposed change to the OT treatment card.  Please see the red boxes on the card below.  These boxes would hold the insurance plan, dental ins max value, ortho insurance max value, patient paid and insurance paid.  

Does adding this information add value to the Tx card?  Would you be more likely to use the card if this info is on it? 

Thank you!  

Jeff

15 Replies
drdougortho
Canine III

Re: Treatment Card Enhancement

would be very useful! is this in the works?

0 Kudos
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Good morning drdougortho‌,

Thanks for your feedback!  It was requested by an OrthoTrac client and I wanted to be sure the request is useful to the broader user base.  It sounds like it would be a nice enhancement.  I will be writing a requirement for our R&D team to get it added to OrthoTrac, we'll see where it falls in priority.

Thank you for participating in the Community!

0 Kudos
sheritilley
Canine II

As a financial coordinator for many years (and previously a clinical tech) I don't see that this added insurance info to the TX card is of much value.  Insurance changes, maximums and usage changes and the clinical techs generally know very little (if anything) about insurance or billing.  The Dr is somewhat more familiar but any questions are best directed to the financial or insurance coordinator in my opinion.

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hi sheritilley‌,

Thank you for your input!  Since Dr. Palaganas's response above, I've had a few practices express the same opinion as you did.  I suppose it depends on the office workflow and structure.

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos

I  agree with sheritilley, that the financial information is not vital to the clinical staff.   I do not find this information necessary in the treatment card.  In our practice, this will be confusing, given that the clinical staff has no knowledge of the finances.   

livinglifesmiling
Canine III

As an Orthodontic Financial Coordinator for many years I do not see that this would be helpful at all on the Tx Card. It's is more likely to be a distraction than an enhancement.  Thanks for asking!  :-)

smileart
Canine III

I do not think this is a change that would be of any added value, unless the plan is to add confusion

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Thanks for your feedback everyone!  Discussions like this are why we started the Community.  The original suggestion and mockup came from one of our OrthoTrac customers who feels this is very important.  

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
karenecalefdmd
Canine III

Jeff,

It seems most of the replies are from clinical staff.  As a front desk office manager, I agree this does not seem important in the patient charting.  However, I would like to see it in patient information or financial function.  Currently, I am using the comments area in patient information (which give me pop ups) to make notes on insurance lifetime maximums, manual or eclaim, monthly or qtrly pymts, etc. for each insurance policy.  Is there a better way to do this that I can see quickly when a parent walks in and asks me about their insurance?

Kathy

0 Kudos