cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sundberg101
Premolar I

Version 14 - Pt Information page

Oh Phil....we just realized that although the Treatment Card page resizes to accommodate less than ideal monitor resolution that the Patient Information page does not. As a result we cannot see complete family member information. We didn't realize that the Patient Information page was even affected (other than the new format of the monitoring/tx box) until we had a patient with multiple responsible parties and the party who we needed to update was not visible nor was there a scroll bar. When a patient has only two family members/responsible parties we can barely see the top of the line but can't click on it to edit the information. When there are three or more the scroll bar barely appears but it doesn't work.

Is there a fix? We really don't want to have to revert back to version 12 nor does the Dr. want to purchase 4 more monitors for our front office.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

Re: Version 14 - Pt Information page

Good day Laura (sundberg101),

I mentioned this to you briefly in our phone call today, but will respond here so that Management can have a look at your concerns as well.  This is a result of attempting to display OrthoTrac on workstations where the minimum resolution does not meet the new System Requirements for version 14 of OrthoTrac.  I understand that your practice has recently purchased a large number of monitors, all of which do not fit those minimum requirements, and am tagging various members of management to see if there is a patch file we can send to your practice that will allow you to view this crucial responsible party information. 

[[EDITED 03/28/18 to add:   Development has completed testing of the patch file to address this issue and it is now available for all clients.  If any other offices experience this issue, please contact Support to have us send the fixed file for your practice.]]

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

sundberg101
Premolar I

So after having dealt with this issue for three days I have to say that it is unacceptable for a patch to resolve the issue being done for those who are on the cloud but NOT for anyone else!!! We pay a large monthly fee for this software and not being able to edit, let alone see complete responsible party information is unacceptable. Especially when there is an adaption to view the treatment card with monitors that don't meet the minimum requirement that was done.  Not being able to view/edit the full family member/responsible party section has a huge impact on our business and forcing us to have to go back to version 12 in lieu of purchasing monitors all over again because Carestream does not want to offer the patch to non-cloud users that pay for the software is bad business. 

Good day Laura (sundberg101‌),

Development has actually just completed repackaging the fix for non-Cloud clients.  The delay over the last few days was due to us having to deal with some regulatory / legal hurdles related to the delivery of said patch file.  I will be contacting you when I return from lunch to apply the fix for your practice. 

Regards,

sundberg101
Premolar I

Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you. If I am at lunch then either Kim or Jessie can remote you in. 

Just confirming here for the record that the issue is now resolved after I sent you the updated file.  Please let us know if there are any other questions. 

Regards,

drdougortho
Canine III

Not sure if this is related... but we can't seem to get the charting /tx card page t resize AND stay as a default for subsequent charts... we tried "save current view" and saved as default..yes to do u want to save this to all work stations  etc etc... but every chart we open it keeps going back to the original.   We narrow the width by an inch or 2 so the light bar which we have up won't block the right side of the chart.    We are on cloud.

Good day Dr. Palaganas (drdougortho‌),

Currently the Charting window is not customizable with the exception of being able to detach the Imaging tab and have it viewed in a separate window.  We have had sufficient feedback from offices that they would like this functionality back (for example, see this thread here)   that Development has already indicated they will be adding this to the timeline for reimplementation in a future version. 

In the meantime, I recommend setting the Light Bar so that it is not always set to be on top and therefore does not cut off your Charting view.  Here's how:

1.  Right click the Light Bar 2.0 icon in the system tray (this one here).  If it is not visible, click the "expand system tray" icon, which varies slightly depending on the version of Windows you have on the PC, but generally looks like an upwards-pointing triangle  (in the below screenshot that icon is directly to the left of the Light Bar 2.0 icon). 

2.  A pop-up menu will then be presented.  You can then uncheck "Always On Top" and then when Charting is opened it will open over the top of the Light Bar. 

You may also try docking the Light Bar to the top or bottom of the screen to see if any of those options work better for you.  To do so, right click the Light Bar 2.0 icon and select Dock, then the location you wish to use.  (Docking locations available will vary depending on your screen resolution). 

Thank you as always for your feedback!

Regards,

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar I

Phil, Thanks for getting this issue resolved as quickly as you did. My boss was a very happy man when I informed him that we were not going to have to buy the 5 new monitors adn dual monitor stands he was minutes away from purchasing. Although the downside is that as a result of the patch we will be stuck with a single monitor set up for the time being instead of the dual monitor set up our front office staff was dreaming of for two days...

You are welcome.  I'm sorry you didn't get your fancy new monitors, but maybe the Dr. will relent if your staff gives him the puppy-dog eyes.

Regards,