cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paularyfa
Canine III

Where do you recommend putting detailed financial notes? 

Jump to solution

We cannot use the notes section on the patient's chart, as the doctor uses that for his treatment plan.  He does not like the way the treatment plan engages so has been using that section for some time.  thx.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Where do you recommend putting detailed financial notes? 

Jump to solution

Good day Paula (paularyfa‌),

If financial-specific comments are needed, it is best to enter them directly into the patient's ledger.  For more information, see the knowledge page OrthoTrac: Adding a Comment to the Patient Ledger   .    I am including the instructions here for convenience. 

1.  From the main menu, select Functions > Patient Chart > Financial Functions.  The Patient Look-Up window is displayed.

2.  Select the patient.

3.  Click OK.

4.  Click Ledger and select View by Resp Party (or press Ctrl-E).  The Ledgers by Responsible Party window is displayed.

5.  Select the correct responsible party from the Resp Party drop-down list.  If there is only one responsible party skip this step.

6.  Click Add Ledger Comment.

7.  Enter the comment.

8.  Press Enter to save the ledger comment.

NOTE:  Please be mindful when entering comments into the patient ledger. Because these count as financial transactions, they *cannot* be removed later -- all comments are permanent. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar I

Jump to solution

We enter all discussions regarding finances in the financial ledger. Keep in mind that if you use your mouse to click on anything else while entering notes in the ledger that OrthoTrac assumes your comment is finished and you cannot do any further editing. You will have to resume your comment on the next ledger line. 

That being said I have learned that those financial notes are my best friend when working on my collections or having to send an account to collections. We document any financial discussions in there. The only time we document a financial matter in the charting is if the Doctor mentions he will do a complimentary retainer or offer one at a discounted rate while a patient is in the chair. That is mainly because the assistants hear that comment and they don't have the security access to the ledger card, so they will document the conversation. Generally they are good about coming up to the front and letting me know too so I can document in the ledger as needed. 

paularyfa
Canine III

Jump to solution

Well, the issue is that I am long winded. 

Thx for the feedback. I will try using this for the financ. details I want perm. record of.

0 Kudos