Good day Sandra (sandra1020),
OrthoTrac has a preset report to show patients without valid appointments. This report can be printed from Reports, Patient, Patients Without, Valid Appointments.
However, I do see that you mentioned active patients specifically. In that case I would recommend using the Patient Tracking Reports to obtain this information:
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac, click Reports, Patient Tracking.
2. Select Add new report from the report title window.
3. Type a name for the new report.
4. Click Patients without a Valid Recall or Appointment Scheduled. (You may instead select the option Patients Without a Valid Appointment Scheduled if you wish to omit recalls from your search).
5. Click Patients With Specific Status Codes.
6. Double-click the status codes to be included from the Available Status window.
7. When all the desired statuses are listed in the Selected Status window click OK.
8. Click the Contact Experts radio button in the View Results As section.
8. Click Apply to save the report.
9. Click Search to begin the search process.
10. When the results display, you may click the lower patient fields to select any additional pieces of information you want shown on the report.
11. Click the Report button to print or preview the report.
We also have a full knowledge article with screenshots available here:
Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations