Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paularyfa
Canine III

late fees

Your estimated hold time is less than one hour and 35 minutes.  :/

Hopefully I will get an answer here sooner.  I changed the late fees on our past due accounts, but it is not changing it for people in the system already.  Is there a way to change late fees/grace period globally without having to go back on established patients? Thx.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: late fees

Good day Paula ( @paularyfa),

Just to make certain you have changed the late fee in the correct area, here are the instructions for changing the default for newly added patients:

1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac, click Functions, Maintenance/Setup, System Maintenance.
2. Click System Options.
3. Click in the Late Charge text box in the System Options section.
4. Enter the late charge as a dollar figure or as a percentage. When using a dollar figure, DO NOT enter the $ symbol. When entering a percentage, enter the % symbol after the number (i.e. 10 dollars is entered as 10.00, and 10 percent is entered as 10%)
4. Press the <Tab> key.
5. Click the OK button.
6. When the System Update message is presented, click OK.
7. Restart OrthoTrac.

To change the late fee for all existing patients, it is necessary for Support to run a query on your database.  Please specify the exact amount in dollars or a percentage that you want used for late fees and I will make the necessary change to all patients in your system (since you are Cloud-based I have access to your database).  You may send me an email directly if you are not comfortable posting the amounts here. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

paularyfa
Canine III

Re: late fees

Thx Phil.  That is where and how I changed it.  I just had no idea it was only changing it for new and not existing patients.  I am going to have to rethink this and figure out what we want to do, since now we have a hodgepodge of fees/grace periods.  I will email you on what we want to do once I update the doctor. 

0 Kudos