New letters can be created by manually typing the letter or by importing a letter from an existing letter.
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac clickFunctions,Word Processing,Letter Setup.
2. Click on theAdd New Letterbutton.
3. When theAdd Letterwindow displays enter a name for the letter in theLetter Descriptiontext box.
4. Select the addressee of the letter from theAddresseedrop-down list.
The letter types are described below:
TheStandardletter affects the patient. If the patient is over eighteen years old the patient will receive the letter. If the patient is under eighteen the responsible party will receive the letter.
ThePatientletter will always be sent to the patient.
TheFinancialletter will be sent to the responsible party but only if the responsible party has been set to receive financial letters in the responsible party Information screen.
TheResponsible Partyletter has both aPatientletter and aResp. Partyletter and will send thePatientletter when the patient is self responsible. TheResponsible Partyletter will be sent when the patient is not self responsible.
TheDoctorletter will be sent to the doctor that has been added to the patient'sReferralscreen asPatient's Doctor. When there is more than one doctor listed for the patient a selection box will display while posting the letter to select the desired doctor.
TheReferring Doctorletter will be sent to the patient's referring doctor that has been added to the patient'sReferralscreen under theReferred Bysection.
TheReferring Patientletter will be sent to the patient that referred a patient that has been added to theReferralscreen under theReferred Bysection.
TheReferring Resp Partyletter will be sent to the responsible party that referred the patient that has been added to theReferralsscreen under theReferred bysection.
5. Select the salutation from theSalutationdrop-down list,Formal,Semi-FormalorInformal. In version 12 and higher the Formal and Informal salutations are added in the Edit Name window. This is accessed by double-clicking the patient's name in the Patient Information window. In version 11.6 and earlier these salutations are setup in the Patient Information screen using theSalutationbutton at the bottom of the screen.
6. Select the signature to be included on the letter,DoctororOffice Staff. TheDoctorsalutation will put the doctor's name on the letter. When there is more than one doctor in the practice a prompt will display to select the doctor when printing the letter. WhenOffice Staffis selected the staff member that is currently logged into OrthoTrac on the computer where the letter is being posted will be printed on the signature line of the letter.
7. Select the language for the letter. This step is not necessary unless the language is being changed from the default.
8. Select the option for printing envelopes,NoneorPrint Separately. Selecting the option to print the envelope separately will automatically print the envelope after the letter prints. SelectingNone will prevent the envelope from printing.
9. Click theAdd Patient Letteroption.
Adding the letter by typing it
10. Select the letter template from the list,Patientletter,Responsible Partyletter orDoctorletter.
12. When the letter displays, make any necessary changes to the letter as needed.
NOTE: There is an additional tool bar called the OrthoTrac Word Processing tool bar on the main menu. The tool bar contains buttons that can be used to insert the OrthoTrac database merge fields, patient or responsible party genders, Orthodontic Imaging photos, responses to questionnaires and Date fields. In Microsoft Word 2007 and later the OrthoTrac Word Processing appears under Add-Ins.
13. When the letter has been completed, save and close it.
14. ClickOK on theChange Letterwindow.
15. When theSystem Updatemessage displays, clickOK.
16. ClickCloseto close theLetter Setupwindow.
Adding the letter by importing it from an existing letter
11. Browse to the location where the letter is stored.
12. Click on the letter to be imported.
14. When the letter displays, make any necessary changes to the letter
NOTE: There is an additional tool bar called the OrthoTrac Word Processing tool bar on the main menu. The tool bar contains buttons that can be used to insert the OrthoTrac database merge fields, patient or responsible party genders, OrthoDontic Imaging photos, responses to questionnaires and Date fields. In Microsoft Word 2007 and later the OrthoTrac Word Processing appears under Add-Ins.
15. When the letter has been completed, save and close it.
16. ClickOKon theChange Letterwindow.
17. When theSystem Updatemessage displays, clickOK.