In CS OrthoTrac aPayment Plandiffers from aContractin only one way. Unless theDaysheet Setuphas been modified aPayment Plan does NOT count toward production but aContractdoes. Because of this aPayment Planshould be used when an existing balance is to be set up on a 'contract.' AContractis used when the balance does not yet exist on the account.
1. From the main menu of OrthoTrac, clickFunctions,Financial Functions,Totals.
2. Select the patient from theOrthoTrac Software Patient Look-up window.
4. Confirm that theTotalandCurrentbalance for the responsible party are equal to each other. If they are not, post aCurrent Only balance adjustment before moving to the next step.
6. When theExisting Balancemessage appears, selectYes.
7. ClickOKin theExisting Balance Transferwindow ONLY IF the amount of the new Payment Plan is correct in theTotal Contractfield.
NOTE: If additional funds are to be added to the contract the additional amount can be entered in the+New Contractfield.
9. When the Contract window is displayed, select the contract description from the pull-down list.
NOTE:The balance being transferring into this new Payment Plan can be distributed among the responsible parties in the same way that a new contract amount can be distributed. For the sake of simplicity this knowledge page will assume that the entire balance will go to one responsible party.
10. Press<Tab> until the cursor reaches theInitial Feefield.
11. Click thePayment Planradio button.
NOTE: SelectingPayment Planinstead ofContractwill ensure that the balance will not be counted toward production. Contracts count toward production but Payment Plans do not. Because of this it is a good idea to use Contract when there is no balance on the account and use Payment Plan if the balance is already on the account.
12. Click in theInitial Feefield.
13. Enter the amount of the Initial Fee and press<Tab>.
14. Enter the payment amount and press<Tab>.
15. Press<Tab>until the cursor reaches theCont. Start Datefield.