cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inlining
Canine II

2 offices from 1 database/license file

I'm running 2 offices with 2 different names (and 2 different TIN's and 2 different facility NPI numbers) from the same PW database and same single PW license file. The second office must submit all insurance claims via paper and postal mail (we have to white out the address phone number on the insurance claim forms then use address stamp with 2nd office's address and phone number) while the original office can use the eClaims feature normally for patients seen at that office. There are other workarounds that are cumbersome so I'd like to break off 2nd office on its own.

I'd like to separate the 2 offices in PW and will buy a 2nd license file for the 2nd office but can I install a 2nd office license file on the same physical server so that I can start using eClaims and eStatements for the 2nd office?  This would alleviate a lot of "workaround" headaches and I'd rather not have to export all the 2nd office patients and related data then import onto a new physical server if I don't have to. 

Thanks!!!

Patrick

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jdowner

Re: 2 offices from 1 database/license file

Hello @inlining 

There are two potential routes you may want to consider going for your setup and needs. 

Depending on a few answers to my questions may make one the more viable option. 

To make sure I am understanding the needs a little more.  As far as statements are concerned for those under the second office, the Practice name is fine? This is the name that shows above the practice address on the top left. 

One option to go with could be to add multiple addresses to the address configuration. Then either make it so that every time a claim is being generated the correct address is currently selected.  This would mean either before each checkout or at the end of the day, select the first address, then do a resubmit on the claims that will use that location. Then change the address, then do a resubmit on the claims for that location. 

The other option would be to set up a dual database. This would mean having two separate sets of data on the server that can be accessed on the needed workstations. Each data set would connect to its own license file and with that, they'd have their own name and address. we can do a straight copy of the current data and make that copy the second database. The issue at that point is you would then also have a separate Account receiveable in both data sets. The accounts that belong to the opposite office would want to have their ledgers zeroed out using adjustments so that their AR doesn't get mixed in with one another.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to have a single set of data using two licenses and then assign which patients/producers use which license.

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
inlining
Canine II

Thank you Johnathan, this is a big help and as I read through the 2 options I'm thinking the second option may make sense but since the 2 offices have different names, TIN's, NPI's etc I really just need to separate them and put the second office on its own server. I can use eStmts and eClaims for that office. Would CS be able to extract the patient data and import onto the new server when we're ready to make the split? 

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
jdowner

I'm sorry, for some reason I did not get a notification of your reply to this so I'm just now seeing it. 

I know it's possible for our conversions team to pull the data for patients based on if they have a specific primary Dr or A/R owner assigned to their clipboards so they can be placed in another data set.  I'm not sure though if that completely removes them from the original data set or if you'd still end up having to manually clear those ledgers and mark them inactive. 

This is a question that would have to be asked directly to them.  The best way to reach a conversations team member is through your sales representative. You can find the general sales phone number here and they can get you in contact with your rep. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
inlining
Canine II

John, to answer your initial questions;

re statements, for all statements, only the 1st practice name and 1st practice address appear at the top. Obviously this creates confusion because patient checks that should be made out to the 2nd office wind up being made out to the 1st practice. 

I'd love to add the 2nd office address to the address configuration but I'd need guidance on how to do this correctly. I'd even settle for getting the 2nd office NAME at the top left with the 1st office ADDRESS printed on statements so that all payments come to one office. 

Since we print all insurance claim forms (for postal mailing) for the 2nd office we always change the "treating location" drop down to the 2nd office before printing. That way in the lower left corner of the claim form we get the 2nd office name but the 1st office address. We whiteout the address and stamp with the 2nd office address.

If possible could we discuss how best to move the 2nd office onto its own license/database/server and extract the patients and import to new server.

Patrick 

0 Kudos
inlining
Canine II

This sounds encouraging b/c we do use specific primary Dr assignments and A/R owner for those patients of the 2nd office.
0 Kudos