cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

Add patient's date of birth to Rx screen

Jump to solution

The patient's date of birth needs to be visible when prescribing medication, because the pharmacy asks for it.  Currently when the Rx screen is open, the patient's age is visible on the chart, but not the date of birth.  When calling in a Rx I have to close the Rx screen, close the chart, read the date of birth from the clipboard, and then open the chart and then the Rx screen again in order to read the Rx info and mark that it has been called into a pharmacy.  Please add the date of birth so that's it's visible when the Rx screen is open.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Add patient's date of birth to Rx screen

Jump to solution

Would it be enough to just add it to the DOB details here? At least you could see it while the chart was open and the Rx window was open as well.

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 2.11.12 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Would it be enough to just add it to the DOB details here? At least you could see it while the chart was open and the Rx window was open as well.

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 2.11.12 PM.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm curious about the steps you are using to open the prescriptions screen/list. You mention that you have to go into the chart, is there a particular reason why you are using this route?  

You can actually get to that same screen from the patient's clipboard instead of having to wait the time for the chart to load and unload.  Also, if you open it from the clipboard you'd be able to drag the patient's prescription to the side so you can still see the information, including DOB, of the patient on the clipboard behind it. 

Prescriptions.png

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

This is a request that has come up before. If the DOB is added to the Rx call in screen, it would solve the problem. When a prescription is called in to the pharmacy, they are looking at the following screen:

Annotation 2020-02-04 213636.png

I believe the DOB just needs to be added here.

Highlighted
Canine II

Jump to solution

Yes, this would do it!  

Kelly

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine II

Jump to solution

When accessing the prescription tab from the clipboard, the medical alerts cannot be viewed.  I cannot see if there are any allergies, interactions, etc. so we do not access the prescription screen this way when calling in a new prescription.