cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
joedindo
Premolar III

Appointment Card Producer "Spontaenous" change

My staff tells me of an intermittent problem in the appointment card. They have noticed that the producer changes for some of the procedures on the card. So when they create the appointment for a hygienist, some of the procedures change to the doctor when they go back in at a later date. They have screen shots to prove it even though I don't doubt them (they tend to be very reliable about these things.).

What would cause this to happen?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Appointment Card Producer "Spontaenous" change

Good afternoon Joe,

My apologies for the late reply on this. 

When you say later date, is this prior to the appointment check in or after?

Thank you,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
joedindo
Premolar III

It tends to happen after the patient has been checked out.  So during check out, they have the appointment card showing the correct procedures and producers. At the end of the day, something doesn't match (e.g. X-ray missing) so they go through the appointment cards and find that a producer was changed from the one that was posted @ checkout.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Next step would be to check the Audit Log for the appointment. Right click on one of the affected appointments and select Audit Log at the bottom of the list. This assumes that the "view/edit an appointment" event is tracked in your system.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re-reading your answer, it sounds like the producer on the ledger entry is different than the appointment. I.e. if the Prophy was credited to HYG1 on the appointment, after checkout the ledger shows HYG2 (but the appointment still shows HYG1). Is that accurate?

0 Kudos
joedindo
Premolar III

Yes you are correct.
0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I'm not aware of any way this could change spontaneously. If the procedures are charted in the back they will receive the initials of the user shown in the chart. The only other way is when checkout is completed. The initials can be changed then. 

Tagging @jdowner and @robertangus to see if they can shed some light on this. 

0 Kudos
joedindo
Premolar III

It seemed far-fetched to me until I witnessed it myself. It seems to happen to appointments scheduled with the hygienists. What happens is that the bottom procedure on the appointment changed from the hygienist's to the default doctor. I have two 3 example from the past week alone.
0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

By any chance does the hygienist have the "Can Have Production" box checked in their employee properties? I'm assuming yes, but thought something could have changed since the appointment was booked.  

0 Kudos
joedindo
Premolar III

I just checked and all 3 hygienists are setup with "Can have production" in their employee properties