cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnissen
Canine III

Assigned fees

I want to know if anyone else is experiencing this.  We have 2 doctors and sometimes they see each others patients. They have different fee schedules (we are non-par). When an appt is made with Dr 2 for a patient who is assigned to Dr 1, we fill out the codes and descriptions so the procedures and fees print on the route slips. The route slip correctly states the fees for Dr 2. At check out, the fees revert to Dr 1's fees  even though the producer at checkout is Dr 2.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Assigned fees

@ronschindler do you know? 

0 Kudos

Hello

In the appt details it will show the fee for the producer for that work if they are set to use their own fee schedule. However, in the checkout the fee schedule being used will depend on who the default Doctor is set to on the patient's clipboard. 

The only way around this is to either manually change/correct the fee at checkout, or before checking the patient out, changing the default Doctor on the patient's clipboard temporarily. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
bnissen
Canine III

I appreciate your info. Why is it correct on the route slip, but changes upon checkout? It seems like if the correct fee is put in description, and then it is correct on the route slip, it should remain so. I would like to request further investigation to see if this can be corrected on a future update. Thank you.
0 Kudos

yeah the Route slip pulls its info purely from what is showing in the appt details screen.  So it isn't affected by the clipboard default Doctor information and wouldn't know to pull the fee associated to that Doctor. 

@tyson_edwards  - Some potential changes to the software as far as how it determines the fee at checkout

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
bnissen
Canine III

Thanks anyway - this is an issue at our office that requires constant vigilance. I'm sure we're not the only one experiencing this when there is more than 1 dr in the office and patients see whoever is available. I appreciate your quick reply!
0 Kudos