cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonyap
Premolar III

Auto-post to ledger & Auto-generate document based on appointment handling?

I haven't figured out how to make this work yet, so I'm hoping that someone out there has...  When a patient cancels day of or fails to come to their appointment, I would like the software to automatically generate a letter.

Additionally, I would like the software to auto-post to that patient's ledger the ADA code for either canceled appointment or missed appointment (whichever is selected in the "handling" screen when rescheduling).  

However, I can't find anything in the automation expert except "canceling" an appointment.  Nothing about "failed".  Maybe I'm not even on the right track?  Just one (or two) less thing(s) for our receptionists to have to remember to do.

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Auto-post to ledger & Auto-generate document based on appointment handling?

Hello sonya

It is possible to make it so that when an appt is marked as canceled that it can print out a letter for you. I tried playing with it to make it so it will either auto post the code, or at least allow you to choose the code from an additional pop up and i wasn't having any luck getting it to work. 

I'm tagging @tshaw to see if she can have one of the members in the Training department look into this possibility. They are more knowledgeable over all when it comes to PwScripting

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
Community Manager
Community Manager

@debi_peterson or @ronschindler any input on this? 

0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

@jdowner, can you give me a quick "how-to" on the letter?

0 Kudos

sure

First you'd need to make sure you have your letter created in the document list. 

1. Go to Experts > Automation Experts > Responses > Documents > Add.
  2. Then choose either Letterhead or Plain paper as the Document type on the left. 
  3. Give the Document a Title, and type in whatever you need in the body. You can include any variables from the list on the right. This can be used to automatically pull in patient names, appts dates, insurance information, and more. 

Once the Document is created you can then assign it to a system event. 

1. Go to Experts> Automation experts > Events > System Events.
  2.  Select the option for either "Cancel appt/most to pending" or "Cancel appt w/o move to pending." Which ever you want to connect it to, or both. 
  3.  Click on Define Autolink at the bottom. This will bring up the list of what's attached to that event. 
  4. Click on Add. The Select Response Type list will pop up. Choose "Create Document." and
  5. Click OK.
  6. In the Create document Response window choose the option for "Create a specific document:"
  7. The document pick list will come up, Select the needed document/letter and click OK.
  8. Click OK, on the Create Document Response window.
  9. Click on Always print immediately.
  10. Then Choose if you would like it to be an Optional item.  Yes will pop up a list to check the box to print, NO will have it print immediately when the cancel appt is choosen. 
  11. On the Define new Autolink - step 2 window choose When the task is completed.

This Will now make it so when you cancel an appt it will print out the letter that you created. 

If you have any additional questions let me know

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst