Is there a way to have a button in the charting module for referring out patients. For example: The patient has tooth #5 and #12, but we are referring them out for extraction. Is there something that will show up on charting letting other staff know these were referred out for ext?
You can create a Referral Note that displays characters on the tooth. (This is a little long so pull the edge out in the lower right corner to see more content)
Referral to Endo
To create note
1. Click on Note button in chart
2. Click Define new button
3. Create Grouping and Summary
4. Create character. I clicked to display as bold font.
5. Choose where to dsiplay the characters.
6. Click Ok to save and close the notes
**Time to Test**
1. Select a tooth on chart
2. Click the note button and choose the referral
3. Click OK
4. Enter any additional informtion in text or not. click
**Create a button for Referrals**
1. Right click on your button pallate and add a button
2. Click User Defined Button
3. Click Define new
4. Add a simple name like Referral and click OK
5. Continue to click ok to each window until you see your new button.
6. Right click on your button and click Define Autolinks
7. Click ADD
8. Select Response Type as Add note to patient and click OK
9.Select one note at a time to connect to the button. Click ok
10. Click Yes, ask each time
11. Click OK to the window
12. Click yes to No Content Selected
13. Repeat the above steps to add all referral note types.
14. When finsihed with step#13 close the reponse window
15. Test your button by selecting a tooth and you will see the following.
**Remeber this is a note and will behave a such. A note can be edited today. When ready to remove from tooth or teeth you will have to correct entry and remove entry per item.**