cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Premolar I

Re: Blue book - Patient payment method

No matter how one looks at updating the blue book it is always going to be a PITA (not bread either). Not all codes would be a covered procedure, therefore requiring changing those codes. Entering the allowed amount is necessary to calculate patient copay/share for procedures under 100% covered.

It takes time - copying from another plan helps although not always accurate because it still requires checking the codes to ensure accuracy with the estimating. If we never were in network with any insurance, then estimating could be a lot easier. Yes allowed amount would still have to be known although possibly easier to collect from the patient the whole amount and assignment would go to the patient. How less confusing would that be for everyone!

About 10 years ago we utilized services from TROJAN - it was okay if the plans were in their system but it might take 3-5 days for Trojan to obtain the information and it doesn't help if the patient is in the chair now.  Plus side of Trojan was they had lots of Yellow Stickies which we patterned our plans after Trojan's system. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar I

I have insurance company UCR's in a spreadsheet. It would be great if this data could be imported.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine III

I agree, this would be soooooo helpful. However, requiring a % be entered just causes more work to later fix each individual code. I'd love to see an improvement in this area! 

Possibly putting some of these option on the "update blue book" screen after entering an insurance payment could be helpful too! It is tedious to go all the way into code specific every time to update it. 

Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I agree with @vdom48381

I think 2 things would be helpful in this area:

1. In the initial set up have the ability to enter a range of codes that a percentage applies to rather than all of the codes.

2. When updating the blue book, have the ability to enter the patient payment method.

Highlighted
Premolar III

Yes, or even simply eliminating the requirement of a percentage is a good start.  The PP method should be the same regardless of the code, right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

yeah, the majority of the time the patient payment method would be the same for all codes on a particular plan.  There are a few exceptions, mainly when dealing with downgraded codes. Depending on how you want to set those up, those could be set up as PPM 3 instead of the standard 1 or 2. 

But It would be simpler to just have to edit those couple codes then having to go through each code to correct the differences in % at that point.

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos