cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolyn621
Premolar I

CODES Based on ARCH

I apologize if this has been addressed. Transaction codes currently have the option of quadrant or tooth. Some transaction codes are arch specific - i.e., Dentures, RPD, D7961, D7962.  Codes for dentures seems to pick it as the FM. 

Am I missing something in my knowledge of the software?

0 Kudos
jdowner

The Denture and RPD codes are already arch-specific so you do not need to indicate if they are for the upper or lower arch.  when these codes are used they will automatically assign to the upper or lower arch. 

I tried to do some research on the D7961 and D7962 codes but didn't find anywhere that said those are arch-specific codes.  So if you need them to be assigned to an arch then you will need to edit the code on the tx code list and set Quadrant to either optional or required.  Then when you are adding them to the tx plan or ledger you can use the area code of U or 01 for upper and L or 02 for lower and it will print out the area in box 25 on the claim form. However, on the chart, it will still show as the Entire mouth for its area.

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos

The arch is required for processing of insurance. Could this be addressed for the next update - to be arch specific and to show on the chart as arch rather than FM? The recommendation will be utilized.  Thank you.

@carolyn621 @jdowner  I am going to try Johnathan's suggestion today with code D6080.  I will let you know how it turns out.

0 Kudos
sonyap
First Molar I

Unfortunately in the code details, there isn't an option for "arch required" - only "tooth # required/optional/none" or "quadrant required/optional/none".  I wonder what would happen if you set it to quadrant required, but then entered "01" or "02"?

0 Kudos