Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

CS PracticeWorks: Person Pick List Updates

Hello PW Community,

We are looking at some updates to the Person Pick List for a future release and I wanted to get some opinions on the design here.

Thanks and let me know what you think!

• Highlights:
    • Allow "Find" by first name and phone number
      • By splitting out the first and last name into their own columns, we can allow sorting and finding by first name and phone number as well
    • UI update
      • Gives more vertical space by increasing the window size
      • Moving the buttons to the left to align with the Insurance Claims List
    • Possible total counts of records in the filterable categories
      • Gives up to date totals for the practice
        • would this be nice to have?
    • Sticky notes viewable from the list
      • Helps with scheduling by giving important info without having to go into the clipboard

PersonPickList_v1.jpg

• With Sticky note open:
    • We'd like to avoid clutter by loading all sticky notes into the same window. Not lots of different windows
    • Possible simplified sticky note display 
      • Do you need all the existing functionality here?

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 10.25.12 PM.png

Thanks everyone!

14 Replies
Highlighted
Premolar III

Re: CS PracticeWorks: Person Pick List Updates

My one add would be to enhance the right-click function with a patient selected.  Currently, the right-click is limited to Edit and Add.  How about having the Actions as an action which can flow out to all the defined actions?

Highlighted
Premolar III

I'd also add the following to the right-click:

- Appt History

- Chart

- Ledger

- Attachments

- Prescriptions

- Referrals

- Related

Highlighted

Hello @joedindo 

So I was talking with Tyson about your added suggestions with the right-click context menu for the picklist. 

First, great ideas! I can definitely see how they would be useful in not having to always go the extra screen into the clipboard in order to reach certain things.

We do have one question in regards to having the Actions option as a part of the context menu.  In your mind, are you thinking that would link to the actions button to the clipboard? or are you thinking it would use the autolinks that are on the actions button on the person picklist itself? 

Personally, I'd think it would make more sense to have it pull from the clipboard's action button. Mainly, just because it wouldn't really save any clicks compared to using the button on the picklist, but it would save some clicks and window layers from having to use the one on the clipboard. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
Highlighted
Canine III

Good morning! I love the more interactive pick-list. It would be really helpful to sort by first name and phone number as well as last name.

The total counts feature is nice to have, but would it sacrifices any speed loading or maneuvering the pick list window?

As far as the sticky notes, I would prefer to have full existing functionality. It would be helpful to have the option to add or delete notes without going all the way into the clipboard. 

Love the new updates you are working on!

Highlighted
Premolar III

I'm thinking that it would be a cascading link that picks up the pre-defined actions and displays them in a second "layered" menu.  Please see attached image that shows how the send to menu opens into a second layered menu.  Does this make sense?

Untitled.jpg

Highlighted

@joedindo 

That makes sense. 

As far as what actions are listed there. Would having it pull the actions that are set by the office on the actions button from the clipboard be ideal?  This would make it so that the actions menu would be customized to the office.  That or maybe having an option somewhere in the top menus to add and remove what actions are linked to it. 

Highlighted
Premolar III

As I understand it, the Actions button is configurable by each office so it would be unique for each office. What I am asking is that those customizations come through on the layered menu when you click the mouse on the actions button (right-click).

Highlighted

That is correct, the actions buttons are customizable. However, there are multiple locations where the action button exist and each one is unique from the other.  The action button on the patient pick list will have different linked actions then the action button on the clipboard. The action button on the expert reports is also unique from the other two. 

So with that in mind. I'm thinking it would make the most sense for the right-click menu's action menu to be pulled from the action button on the clipboards.  That or make it a unique action 'button' on its own and have it so that the office adds which actions connect to it via a setting under one of the menus.  For example, at the top of my mind, under Experts > Automation Experts > Events > Person Pick List Actions menu

or something like that anyway. 

So, either make it use the actions set in the clipboard or make it unique. 

Which do you think would be more ideal?

Highlighted
Premolar III

I would not think that would be the best way to have it. Each Actions button has it's own set of actions and I would want the right-click menu to reflect the Actions button that it's associated with. Further, I was under the impression that this post was regarding the Person Pick list and not all other lists.