cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirkdental57
Canine III

Changing the Name of a Workstation

Hi,

We recently added quite a few new computers to our practice and at the moment, most of them are named "user". It's become an issue when we are dealing with the charts being locked and we are unsure which "user" is in the patient's chart, so we end up running all around to try to figure out where the lock is occurring.

Is there an easy way to rename these workstations?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Changing the Name of a Workstation

Hello

Due to Pervasive being a third party software we are limited to what we can do with how it sees the network.  The name that it picks up for individual machines is one of them.  Actian, the company that owns Pervasive, has not built in a way for us to control/change the names that show up in the Pervasive monitor's microkernel user/session list. 

I have done extensive research myself in hopes of at least figuring out how it determines the session name, but I have yet to find anything that works. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
kirkdental57
Canine III

Re: Changing the Name of a Workstation

Thank you for your reply.

That's disappointing to hear, I was hoping for an easy fix...  We have had so many issues with Pervasive as an office. It is the number one reason for complaints against Practiceworks here.

Please keep me updated if anything changes, thank you!

0 Kudos